News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BIG News, California! "CALIFORNIA" rockers soon to be available!

Started by Fred, July 09, 2008, 08:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

slim

So if I pack up Mrs. Slim and take her on that vacation she keeps whining about and we head out there to California and just happen to stop by an AS and just happen to shoot over 210..... would that mean I'm now qualified for a California rocker?

LayloPro

Heh!! It's working.......we have "out of state" Riflemen wanting to slide back in to Cali-fornia to get an A/S token of "Rifleman appreciation"..... ;D 8) :D

What say you, Bob? Shall we let the field be open to all, or do we require a PRK ID card to prove residency?? Maybe a cell phone bill, or Starbucks membership card? :D :o : ;D

Seems we had a conversation about this very thing..... :o 8) ;D

On a personal note, I feel we are all Brothers (and Sisters) under the skin, & the bonding by cordite fumes & lead down range has melded us into one very wide spread family.......my $0.02

TTYS
Ian
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Old Dog

Yeah, I know the feeling.  My rockers are still on the dresser in the spare bedroom where they've been since the Feb. 07 RBC.

I prefer the small groups to the big patches.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

bob 210

Anyone who shoots a 210 or better at an Appleseed held in CA, gets a CA rocker. 8) I don't recall this much hoo ha about the Texas rockers. HMMMMM........makes you wonder. ;D
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Old Dog

Well now, if the rest of them thar texans is anythin like Scout I reckon they just sorta let their actions speak for'em.  No need to advertize with a rocker, you can tell their riflemen just by they way the carry themselves, by the way they shoot, by the way the step up to the plate without being asked.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Fred

QuoteNo need to advertize with a rocker, you can tell their riflemen just by they way the carry themselves, by the way they shoot, by the way the step up to the plate without being asked.

Actually, M1A4ME, with the current scarcity of riflemen in this country, few people have ever seen a live one - so maybe there is a need for a rocker to ID them, even if only for a short time, before the Appleseed program really revs up, and the country is overun with 'em.  ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

SavageShootr

I will be wearing my CALIFORNIA rocker with pride, right above my Rifleman rocker, over the oval patch.  ;D

I think the more we get Appleseed noticed the better for the Country. If the rocker means advertisement, I will be a walking billboard.  ;D

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

Old Dog

Hey, I'll admit when I was younger I got a kick out of the expert (rifle) badge and the Honor Guard tab and all the other stuff that was attached, or hung from, the uniform.  These days I get a kick out of coming in under the radar.

Besides, you'll know it's becoming popular to be a rifleman when they start counterfeiting the badges, the rockers and standing around the range tables bragging about which RBC they went to and how high their AQT scores are.  It's just a matter of time.  It'll happen.

The only thing they can't counterfeit, embellish or add to is their real score on an AQT, so have some ready to post so they can demonstrate their skills.

The above is written kind of tongue in cheek, but just think about how often you hear about folks who have never been in the military wearing uniforms, claiming to be ex-special forces or seals, claiming to have combat experience,etc.  Sooner or later, it will happen.  Only an AQT will separate the posers from the riflemen (at the range) and only their actions, not their talk, will identify them away from the range.

But for folks who like patches, tabs, rockers, medals, etc., be my guest.  If it sparks questions (like the bumper stickers on my truck) or the RWVA/Appleseed t-shirts I wear then it's a good thing.

SavageShootr

Quote from: M1A4ME on July 30, 2008, 05:16:50 PM
But for folks who like patches, tabs, rockers, medals, etc., be my guest.  If it sparks questions (like the bumper stickers on my truck) or the RWVA/Appleseed t-shirts I wear then it's a good thing.

Yep, I wear the Appleseed t-shirts too, and they do get noticed.  ;D

Old Dog

Sitting.  Sitting can be tough unless you practice it a lot.  I doubt many folks are much "bigger" around the middle that I am, I weigh about 315 lbs.  But I can sit just fine (gotta relearn it as I get over this knee surgery) and get both elbows over the front of my knees.  Due to some other medical issues I can't kneel, so sitting is an everyday thing for things other than rifle shooting.

Practice, practice, practice.

Ask the guys from the June 2007 RBC at Ramseur.  I can doze off while sitting.  Yes Virginia, it is possible to fall asleep on the firing line.

socalserf

Arc,
You are the only person I have know who made becoming a Rifleman look easy.
Most people have to struggle and sweat.
It took me forever.
"we cannot improve what we do not measure."

MrBill

Hey M1A4ME,  I am just a few pounds less than you and find that I can either get in the sitting position or breathe.  Can't seem to do both at the same time.  A little more practice is needed and a few less excuses to not go to yoga class with the missus. Maybe a few less meals might help too.  Fortunately kneeling doesn't seem to be too big of a handicap. 

Looking forward to my very own California rocker when they get here.  Wooohoo!

Cheers
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."  Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi

kool aid

Quote from: M1A4ME on July 30, 2008, 05:16:50 PM
Hey, I'll admit when I was younger I got a kick out of the expert (rifle) badge and the Honor Guard tab and all the other stuff that was attached, or hung from, the uniform.  These days I get a kick out of coming in under the radar.

Besides, you'll know it's becoming popular to be a rifleman when they start counterfeiting the badges, the rockers and standing around the range tables bragging about which RBC they went to and how high their AQT scores are.  It's just a matter of time.  It'll happen.

The only thing they can't counterfeit, embellish or add to is their real score on an AQT, so have some ready to post so they can demonstrate their skills.

The above is written kind of tongue in cheek, but just think about how often you hear about folks who have never been in the military wearing uniforms, claiming to be ex-special forces or seals, claiming to have combat experience,etc.  Sooner or later, it will happen.  Only an AQT will separate the posers from the riflemen (at the range) and only their actions, not their talk, will identify them away from the range.

Please note that in honor of our members who have lived to have their eyes get tired,  I will be posting in enlarged font from here on out. Hard to read this sissy 10 point for me too....
Warning: what follows could be constituted as personal horn tooting.

Went to the range to wring out my new rifle- a Mosin Negant M44. Yugo Ball ammo, doesn't attract magnet. No bayonet on it, but still......

I am on the line, shooting off a bag, trying to establish zero so I can beat on the front sight with a hammer and a punch to get 'er in the one inch square.

Yes, yes I know. Was I wearing a pink tuu-tuu, cos real riflemen don't shoot off the bag. Hey, I got a note from my doctor, okey?

Anyway, there is this kid with a tarted up AR on the line next to me. I mean, between the ACOG and the laser, and the cost of the rifle, he had more money in hardware than I have in the car I came to the range in......

And this young man is watching me work out, and was kind of, well....... laughing at me.
Mind you, he was having a hard time hitting the 14 inch gong at 100 yards.

Then I pulled the target, got out the machinist scale and started to do my math.......He kind of watched me while I was doing it. Here is the best group of the six I shot.

[attachment=1]

He had that puzzled look on his face: the "I have a 'better' rifle than this guy. Gosh all fish hooks, why can't I do better than him" look.

You gotta know inside I am just losing it. Outside I managed to keep a a pretty calm exterior......

Then I started to shoot at the gong..... ::) You know, just to put a fine point on the whole thing for him.  ;)
And ya know, he struck up a conversation with me.

Needless to say there was just a touch of the old shameless promotion for the next piru, ca shoot then and there.

No patch or t-shirt needed folks.....

End of personal horn tootin'

Those who know of my journey here can attest to the fact that I darn near came out of Ramsuer 2-ough-7 with the new handle of 'short bus'. What we do and how we do it works. Period.

Do I get a rocker, fred?.

KA out

Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

LayloPro

Yo, Brother Kool.......

Is this expanded text size for my benefit?? If not my iron-poor blood, my carrot starved eyes? ;D :D You bad...... ::) ;D

Was this Nagant the same one you were ravaging next to me @ our last AS in Piru? If so, it looks like you found a way to make it group a bit, just need to drift your FS over a bit more to the right......

But let me get this straight....the kid next to you with the $1200 ACOG couldn't see the 14" gong @ 100 well enough to hit it?? :o :o

We need to go to the range together more often....... 8) ;D :o I'll even wear my glasses...... ;D :D

And I'll wear my "new" t-shirt......the "Rifleman vs Cook" one......

Arc,

Good shooting there....it's my understanding that you are one of the very few blessed with a -very- quick grasp of shooting well ..... count your blessings on this.....most folks have spent years doing & practicing for what came to you in a few bricks of .22 ammo.....Amazing, and rare....... :o 8) :o
But, please be aware that for those who have suffered in the pursuit of this standard, someone "new" telling them they "aren't doing enough", or possibly "trying too hard", may come off as a bit pretentious, or possibly even arrogant.  From what I've seen so far, AS isn't about alienating anybody, from the noob to the expert......
You have a wonderful gift with this new found talent.....use it wisely.......

Peace, out.
Ian

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Fred

On behalf of the old people on this site (and some not-so-old, judging by complaints about "I can hardly see the 400 yard targets" on the firing line) I thank you for the enlarged, easy-to-read print, Brother KA.

However, I worry because we should be shrinking the type, making it harder to read, and thereby sharpening vision ("Man, those 400 targets are SHARP and CLEAR - looks like all the time I've spent on the site, trying to read that small print, is really paying off!"). This is the equivalent of "laying on the couch to" read - no effort, and therefore no vision development/sharpening at all...

QuoteDo I get a rocker, fred?

I would guess you'll get one, as I understand you wear a Red Hat.

I had no problem with the idea, as I was reading along in your post, nodding my head in time, tappng my foot in harmony - until I came across

QuoteNo bayonet on it

....at which time my chair came forward, my feet hit the floor, and I cursed those foul-appearing letters on my computer screen.

KA, dissing the bayo on his '44? Gadzeeks! What next? A rubber buttpad?

Someone grab that Red Hat, quick!

But then as emotions cooled, I realized - this is California, and everything's cool.

;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

Nickle

Brother Kool Aid, you missed the opportunity to start schooling the lad with the AR.

We had a young man with an AR or two up this way that ALWAYS shot with a scope and bipod. And he could SHOOT some nice groups. We eventually broke him of the habit, just a few of us with our big bad .30 cal Battle Rifles (FAL's and an M14 mostly, and almost ALL of us own Mosins, especially Finnish Mosins). Yup, I won't mention his name, but he still shoots those SMALL groups, just now he uses iron sights some of the time and a bipod at 600 only.

Oh, and the font sized is reduced to improve your vision. If a couple of old farts like Fred and I can read it, you youngsters should be able to manage it as well. I was going to make it 6 point, but that might be too hard to read for now, so I made it 8 point.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

kool aid

Fred:

Sir! The rifles name is Milly, SIR!

That would be, as in,  'millenium falcon'.

Polish Mosin.
And OF COURSE it has a rubber buttpad. Doesn't yours?

Now. The purpose of the exercise here is not to show what a bad ass I am (which I can assure you I am not)

Look up stupendous badass in the little gunsmith's book of virtue, and you will find this guy's picture
[attachment=1]

notice what rifle HE used...

mosinnagant.net/finland/simohayha.asp

and it is in homage to him that I got the rifle in the first place.....

Homage (from the French: Hommage) is generally used in modern English to mean any public show of respect to someone to whom one feels indebted.

Take a moment and remember the kind of man you chose to be when you got yourself out of that last scrape. Maybe you prayed that you would be different if he delivered you. Maybe you found hope here you thought unreachable. Do not concern yourself with anything 'els THAT. Make the mission first.

Nickle

Slightly off topic, but still SOMSOM:

Simo Hayha used an M28 Finnish Mosin, with IRON SIGHTS.

Fred knows what the rifle looks like, as he has seen one (mine), right up close.

I sometimes bring it with me to show people that you don't NEED to use a scope to be effective, though they sometimess help those with less than good eyesight.

And, NO, it doesn't have a rubber butt pad, doesn't need it, nor does the M24 or the 91/30 I have.

They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Old Dog

The man's name was Ad Toepperwein (if I recall correctly).  He is reported to have done the same stunt  with a BAR.

Saw this too.

The dearest wish of Ad Toepperwein's heart was "That every American citizen  in good standing shall, in accordance with Article Two of our Bill of Rights, be  allowed to keep and bear arms, and that this Constitutional right shall not be infringed! No dictator will ever meddle with a whole nation of marksmen."

kool aid

Quote from: Nickle on July 31, 2008, 12:58:06 PM
Slightly off topic, but still SOMSOM:

Simo Hayha used an M28 Finnish Mosin, with IRON SIGHTS.

Fred knows what the rifle looks like, as he has seen one (mine), right up close.

I sometimes bring it with me to show people that you don't NEED to use a scope to be effective, though they sometimess help those with less than good eyesight.

And, NO, it doesn't have a rubber butt pad, doesn't need it, nor does the M24 or the 91/30 I have.

;D

Junior Birdman

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Junior Birdman

The rockers! The CALIFORNIA rockers!  You know, the subject of this thread!  JB
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

colycat

I know that this thread has wandered a bit. (you think!)  But it has been fun reading it.  Check out the great lakes thread.( on rockers)  They dont, at least some, dont get it.  I think its a great idea, and since I am a rifleman, and Ive been to 2 CA shoots, I want a CA rocker!!!  California, you made me the rifleman that I am.

Wisconsin,  Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

LayloPro

kool aid

If I think back to january 2007, and we had a map of the united states done up like some sixteenth century map of the world where the parts they wern't sure of were notated with 'here be dragons'- but of the known appleseed world instead,  one of those places would have been california- a big blank space with the words "abandon hope, all yea who enter here.......

It seems funny to think that if you wanted to go to an appleseed, the closest one was a minimum of six hours away. I had to go to North Carolina for my first one.......

And now?

Mike Thompson has come into our lives, making it possible for us to have a home range. His father, Wes, started that range in another location back in the middle of the last century. They had to move because of a housing development. Got driven off, by golly. And he has seen many of  the people who were there at the start of it all move out of state rather than do something about what was happening.

And then we show up. I won't say for sure, but I do believe it made him cry.

People who have the rifleman tradition in their hearts, living in the shadows, are starting to come around. Into the open. Maybe talk about the riflemen culture to people who don't know about it, where as before they felt they had to keep quiet lest they get branded a 'gun nut'.

Corona
Piru
Ridgecrest
Santa Barbara
San Louis Obispo

Moving north toward (gasp) the San Francisco Bay Area.........

Now I can't hardly leave the state, we got so much work to do RIGHT HERE.

What I see most often is something which I will call relief, when my fellow californians  make it to their first shoot. Like- we don't have to hide anymore. This program is great. Etc Etc.

I say here in the golden state, we have something pretty exciting now.

Hope.

Call me an optimistic fool. But this is about rockers.... And I want to speak to that.

So, in the interest of SOMSOM, I offer this: I think it's a fine thing that fred took the time and trouble to get us California Rockers.
I will wear mine with pride, especially if I ever get the time to make it out to Scout's Place in Texas.

Used to be that a fella might find himself getting quite a bit of ribbing were it to be known he was from california and found himself in states south of the mason-dixion. Especially at an Apple Seed.

Folks in neighboring states would ask me 'So when are you going to move out of that He11 hole that is California to breath the free air of (fill in the blank)? I even had one guy tell me to put my mom in an old folks home so I could leave here. Mr. Sensitive, he was....
Maybe not so much now......

But I digress.

Lest we forget, that we even have these fine rockers in the first place is a result of a lot of people putting in the work. NOT cashing it all in and leaving.

So here it is.......
I wanna tell you a story. Maybe 'ya heard it before. But I think it bears telling again- here on the california rocker thread.....

ORANGES

Back in the day, during the war, there was much industry here in southern california related to the war effort. Folks moved here from all over these United States to work in the plants. War industry plants, to be exact.

The house where I live today was, in fact, built by the Douglas Aircraft Co. for workers who built the DC-3 and (I think) the B-25. The jobs paid well, and many of these workers were able to buy their own homes and start families.

And for many, who came from places where citrus fruit was hard to come by and expensive, one of the first things they did was to plant orange or lemon, or other citrus trees in their yards.

Now many of the original houses have been torn down. Replaced by more modern edifices. The citrus trees may or may not have been allowed to remain. Many had not been cared for properly for decades.....

Citrus is peculiar.

It sets fruit in the summer, and bears in the winter.
It needs particular pruning and feeding at times of the year that don't make sense to people from other climes.
There is leaf curl that needs to be dealt with with Limesulfer spray.

In other words, it needs to be nurtured.

At my place there is such a tree. It isn't a big tree. Maybe eight feet tall, and the same around.
When I got my place I looked at it: it was in bad shape.  There was ONE orange, with a huge black spot on it the day I got the keys to this house. The leaves were yellow and curled up. There were dead limbs and suckers all over it, and I wasn't sure if I should cut it down and have a bigger yard or what...

Then I thought of the man who planted it, and the fact that he is probably long since gone to meet his maker. Dead man's hands planted that tree, and I was not going to give up on it until I had done my level best to at least TRY. Besides, in the torah, it is said to be REALLY bad JuJu to cut down a living tree that bears fruit. A sin, even.......

So the second thing I did on the first day I got the place was to cut the suckers and the dead wood off the tree to open up the canopy, put asphalt seal on the branch stubs, and spray the tree with lime.
Then there was that big bag of...... brown stuff.
You get the idea.

The second year I had a tree with actual green leaves, but it only gave me five oranges. It was health, and I was pretty sure it wasn't going to die.

Last year.....

Sufficant oranges to fill three five gallon buckets. And even as we speak, it is setting even more fruit......

Maybe you can see where I am going with this.
But to put not to fine a point on it:

I submit to you that there is a metaphor here.
That the neglected citrus trees could be thought of as the rifleman tradition and what we understand it to be a deeper indicator of in terms of our national character. It was planted by dead mens hands, just as sure as the tree stands in my yard. Many of the ones that put in the work to plant it didn't live to ever see it bear fruit.

We who come after..... we got oranges.

And that the tree gives of its fruits so generously to we who are disconnected from the thought and even the prayer that went into it being there- all we have to do is REMEMBER. Then it all comes into focus.

Feed and care for the tree. Remember the ones that plated it. Hey- we got oranges. We don't have to start from scratch.

So,

We got rockers. But we didn't have to start from scratch.

That we have the program in california like we do is as much a testament to the ones that came before us, here in the golden state, as to the fact that we have a dedicated core of individuals who chose to not only stay here rather than move out of state, but to pick up the lance that is the job of waking up our fellows. Cutting dead wood, lime sulfer spray, water, and the liberal application of that which makes things grow. Not the brown stuff in the bag- the truth of who we are and what was sacrificed so we could be all that.

Whew. The metaphor machine seems to be well oiled tonight......

It isn't exactly that hard to get fruit when you already got a tree that isn't past saving. It just needs an arborist.....

California, all of the good natured jokes aside, is not past saving. 

But we got to the point of having the rockers (nice fruit) by keeping our eye on the tree, not it's fruit.

We got lots of shoots coming up. We also have many refrigerator repair men who need some shameless promotion.......

Okey everybody who wants a rocker: LETS STAY BUSY!

Brother Kool Aid at your service.......

Fred

Brother KA, that's soooo Fred-like, it's plain scary!!

You lay it all out so no one can miss the point, which is what you have to do these days, because of that smothering blanket of ignorance, apathy, and laziness.

And another thing: there are tears of weakness, and there are tears of gratitude, and there are tears of respect. There are even tears at the shame of our current dissing of our magnificent heritage and history. Hardly an RWVA instructor, telling The Story, doesn't once in a while get a bit "choked-up". There's no shame in it. Quite the contrary. To feel the spirit of those who came before us is to become immersed in - and part of - the tradition. It's a "California thing", but I predict it will be sweeping the country.

"As California goes, so goes the nation."

For the first time, those words don't strike fear in my heart.

biathlon

This is all news to me. Do we here in Wyoming get one?

kool aid

AND ANOTHER thing: HOLY OVERSIGHT BATMAN!
There are those among us who would have it that the only way to get a california rocker would be to attend an Riflemans Boot Camp IN california. If we were going follow the traditions/rules/proceedures that the REST of the Apple Seed Nation follows that is  ::) That rockers, patches, and tabs are to be EARNED.

Hummmmm.

Er, Kool Aid, there seems to be a little problem with that.

THERE HAS NOT BEEN a riflemans boot camp here in california.

I wonder what is to be done  ???  ???  ???

Here I was all excited to get out the sewing kit, and everything..........

APPLE SEED NATION- We are gonna have to revisit that one later.....

bob 210

Quote from: kool aid on August 01, 2008, 01:44:10 PM

AND ANOTHER thing: HOLY OVERSIGHT BATMAN!
There are those among us who would have it that the only way to get a california rocker would be to attend an Riflemans Boot Camp IN california. If we were going follow the traditions/rules/proceedures that the REST of the Apple Seed Nation follows that is  ::) That rockers, patches, and tabs are to be EARNED.

Hummmmm.

Er, Kool Aid, there seems to be a little problem with that.

THERE HAS NOT BEEN a riflemans boot camp here in california.

I wonder what is to be done  ???  ???  ???

Here I was all excited to get out the sewing kit, and everything..........

APPLE SEED NATION- We are gonna have to revisit that one later.....

Fred said "Since the idea is to build a solid dedicated CA group, I'd guess any qualified rifleman who's been to an Appleseed will be elegible for the rocker, the idea being to have as many "CALIFORNIA" rockers as we can get, walking around California on shooting jackets."

"Qualified Rifleman" meaning anybody that shoots a 210 or better on the AQT. That sounds good to me. Now lets get busy getting people to an Appleseed and get them qualified. 1000 rockers is a lot of Rifleman! And we gotta get rid of the first batch to order the second batch!

You do not have to attend an RBC or An IBC to get a CA rocker. You have to attend a CA Appleseed and shoot a score of 210 or better on the QDAQT under regulation time. 8)

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA