News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BIG News, California! "CALIFORNIA" rockers soon to be available!

Started by Fred, July 09, 2008, 08:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Yeah, it beats all! Twelve months ago, even six months ago, you wouldn't catch Fred even thinking about a state rocker for California - and now he's flipped his lid, and ordered some which should arrive in about three weeks.

The "CALIFORNIA" rocker - if you haven't seen a rocker, it's a sorta arching (curved) name patch which goes above or below the standard oval RWVA patch - will allow California Appleseeders to ID each other, as we set fire - figuratively! - to that state.

Worse news of all: Fred didn't order a measly 500, like he did for Texas. No sir, he ordered ONE THOUSAND.

And he's gonna set this challenge: If we don't have 100 recruited volunteers eager enough to gain a "CALIFORNIA" rocker in the next twelve months, he will withdraw the remainder from circulation, and they go to the dumpster in disgust!

Lest you think that is an easy standard, it's not. I doubt, in the last six months, if there's been more than a dozen or two "TEXAS" rockers given out (altho I may be wrong - and Texans will be quick to let me know :'( :D).

So, Californians, ready to get up off your knees, throw off your chains, and assume your rightful place on this planet as free-born, sovereign American citizens?

I hope so. But it's up to you. And a tough choice: Not "better to die on your feet, than live on your knees" - more a "why live on your knees, when you can live on your feet?"

Bob 210 will set the standards - in Texas, if you come to a Texas boot camp, you can earn a "TEXAS" rocker. Not many people I've talked to want to go to California - especially gun-owning former Californians. But maybe Appleseed, with the help of some enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers, can change that. And maybe a "CALIFORNIA" rocker may come to stand for the courage to step up and Face the Beast, to emerge from the darkness and into the light of freedom, from crouching in a cave or cellar to standing erect in the open, as a free man. It can happen. I hope it will happen.

You can MAKE it happen. 8)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

voortrekker

California!   Go forth and do good work!

This Texan is PROUD of you all, I mean y'all!!   :)

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

SavageShootr

Who wants a CALIFORNIA rocker?? That's almost like asking who wants ice cream, isn't it?

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

waving over here .............. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

even jumping up and down ......... ME ME ME ME ME ME!

Actually, I will want two, one for each of my shooting jackets. (if I can get two that is)  ;D

Now, I have to ask Bob210, What do I have to do to earn it?   :o
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Junior Birdman

Watch California go! Those rockers will be gone by this time next year, for sure.  Hmmmm. I wonder if Fred has any South Carolina rockers in mind.........
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Fred

T'would be nice, but quantity-wise, you HAVE to order more than ONE... ;D ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

Junior Birdman

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

Wheeler44

Hey California, Wheeler44 here, perched up here in the top left corner of the Nation.......

I'm rootin' for ya......Show them other folks how we can do it on the left coast.
I feel that at the rate you're goin' a politician would "Have to" attend an Appleseed to get elected..

Ps......I'm a watchin' and a learnin' 

Wheeler44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

didactic

I'm a former Californian, now a Texan.  No idea how many Texas rockers are out, except (There are NOT many like them, and this one is mine!) that I have one.

Going to Arkansas next month, but if the rare California rockers are going to go out, I'll have to re-schedule and get there for an event PDQ.

Congrats, former neighbors.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Nickle

JB, no fear. New England will have the last state to have an Appleseed.

Seems Rhode Island doesn't have any ranges, Maine is trying but can't find a range that will have us, and New Hampshire is about the same as Maine. NH and ME have some really nice ranges, better than anything in Mass or VT, except Army Guard ranges (our best Appleseed range up here is an Army Guard range in VT, btw).

My bet is on New Hampshire being last.

Yeah, a bunch of Appleseeders from NH, but they come to VT and Mass just to attend.

Bad enough that we're looking into a Southeast VT Appleseed, just to get them to come.

Fred, don't waste the time to consider New Hampshire or Maine rockers. Yeah, I'll have the FIRST one of them, you can bank on it, but, looking at the (lack of) success we're having getting ranges to have us, it's going to be a LONG time coming.

Isn't from a lack of trying, that's for sure.

Go figure.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Fred

Nickle, you can brag on New England all you want, but I'm still betting South Carolina will be LAST.

Heck, there will be time for Rhode Island to CLEAR LAND and BUILD A RANGE - and at a very leisurely pace, at that. :P ::) >:( ;D

Maine and New Hampshire may have pretensions, but they are sore destined for disappointment, as they are out of their league and simply don't know it.

Both states will have Appleseeds LONG before South Carolina.

JB ain't gonna get his knickers in an uproar over this, since he'll soon be in Alabama, sowing the message.

Now, I'm not saying that "SOUTH CAROLINA" is engraved on the "LAST STATE TO HOST AN APPLESEED" trophy -yet - it's a big one - over six feet tall - but if I had to choose a place to store it, it would be in South Carolina, just so we don't have to move the heavy thing twice...

;D     ;D      ;D

bob 210

Now why are we talking about South Carolina on the California board....heaven forbid that people confuse the two places! ;D
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Nickle

Quote from: Fred on July 10, 2008, 09:56:15 AM

Nickle, you can brag on New England all you want, but I'm still betting South Carolina will be LAST.

Heck, there will be time for Rhode Island to CLEAR LAND and BUILD A RANGE - and at a very leisurely pace, at that. :P ::) >:( ;D

Maine and New Hampshire may have pretensions, but they are sore destined for disappointment, as they are out of their league and simply don't know it.

Both states will have Appleseeds LONG before South Carolina.

You do know that all of that is NOT something I'm proud of.

I'll add that RI will probably STILL beat NH. And, I do have folks working on NH and ME, as we speak.

I won't put any bets on SC beating NH for this "not so coveted" title, either way. And storing that trophy in SC is wise, as it can easily end up  there.

I actually have empathy for our folks (from this forum) down there in SC, as they certainly have their work cut out for them, ridding the place of all that apathy. I don't envy them, for sure.

Bob, no way will anybody confuse SC with CA.

See, I've learned that the more folk's rights are restricted, the more receptive they are to this program.

The only thing that contradicts that is WY and VT, where the program is VERY active, but the rights are good. I chalk that off as folks knowing how bad it can be. See, in VT, we have MA and NY close by, and we don't want to see that happen here. NH only borders on one less than free state, and frankly speaking, many NH folks moved from MA, so they think they're safe now. In WY, there's LOTS of folks that moved there from all over, and they tend to remember where they came from. Both WY and VT inhabitants are frugal sorts, and they see the VALUE in this program.

People from CA know full well about rights erosion.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Nickle

As Talon well knows, from me, it's a good natured ribbing, and folks, I'll be the first to say that all of you that have taken the time to read this are actually doing something about it.

Now, the SC contingent of this forum is working their butts off trying to get an event in SC established, and y'all should know that some of us (including Fred, btw) are pretty sure you're going to suceed.

Now, I'm not so much saying anything about anywhere outside my area, though I AM saying lots about my area.

Yup, not just SC and earlier, TX that are hard to get a foot hold in. Several New England states are far harder, and I would say I don't know why, though, truth is, I know EXACTLY why.

Quotepeople don't see the alarm

Quotedon't see the train coming at them because they are too lazy to look up from the feed trough

Talon's comments pretty well sums it up.

Now, let's get some events going in those hard to reach places. You know you DON'T have to live there to help find a range.

Francis Marion

Quote from: Nickle on July 10, 2008, 10:53:04 AM
People from CA know full well about rights erosion.

Spot on.  There is no motivator like loss, adversity, and the looming spectre of total disarmament. 
Basically, our second amendment rights in California are thought of by most ordinary people, and most elected officials, as, at best, a reluctantly granted privilege. 
A privilege indulged in at the whim of legislature, susceptible at any time to fiat denial (infringement), for any or for no reason,  of our basic human right, let alone specific Constitutional right, to keep and bear arms.  When you deny a segment of the people their rights, they respond with activity, protest, insistence and interest in their political situation: civil rights struggle.  Well, the scope of the aggrieved with respect to gun bans is not just an ethnic or racial group, it's far worse than that- bans infringe upon EVERYBODY'S gun rights.  And if rights infringements are bad for a subset of the people, then they're much more heinous when applied to the whole of the people. 
I sure hope that the sun doesn't set on the Second Amendment in any state where it's now shining brightly.  But if you should enter a dark age, as we have, then you'll conclude that it's far better to engage in sunshine with all the momentum on your side than to fight uphill in the dark for your gun rights. 
The enemies of your rights will find gun owners', and the people in general, most helpful to their disarmament agenda when apathetic, distracted and disorganized. 
Appleseed is political and philosophical medecine to restore the health, due prominence and proper understanding of our Second Amendment. 
For that, thank you, everybody here.         

Junior Birdman

SavageShootr

Quote from: Junior Birdman on July 10, 2008, 08:09:52 PM
  Hey! How 'bout them California Rockers? JB

Did I mention that I want TWO California Rockers?  One for each of my shooting jackets.  ;D

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

socalserf

Will those rockers be avalible for the Instructors weekend boot camp, or are they just for the week long full boot camp?
"we cannot improve what we do not measure."

SonoftheRepublic

Good question Serf . . . I'm wondering the same thing.  Anyway, count me in.  I'm interested.
Give them the History, Immerse them in the Tradition. - The Power of Appleseed

The Appleseed Project - "Returning America To A Nation Of Riflemen"

Fred

Distribution of the rockers will be up to your state coordinator, Bob 210.

I'll hazard a guess and say he'll prob say "yes".

Since the idea is to build a solid dedicated CA group, I'd guess any qualified rifleman who's been to an Appleseed will be elegible for the rocker, the idea being to have as many "CALIFORNIA" rockers as we can get, walking around California on shooting jackets.

bob 210

Quote from: Fred on July 11, 2008, 09:01:28 AM

Since the idea is to build a solid dedicated CA group, I'd guess any qualified rifleman who's been to an Appleseed will be elegible for the rocker, the idea being to have as many "CALIFORNIA" rockers as we can get, walking around California on shooting jackets.

"Qualified Rifleman" meaning anybody that shoots a 210 or better on the AQT. That sounds good to me. Now lets get busy getting people to an Appleseed and get them qualified. 1000 rockers is a lot of Rifleman! And we gotta get rid of the first batch to order the second batch! ;D
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

LayloPro

Cool Deal......count me in.... ;D ;) 8)
Just remember to spell the "California" with a "C", instead of the "PRK" it usually gets......... :( :-\

After some conversations with some folks, the plan really is to take back this state to common sense legislation......and running away doesn't always make the best tactical decision......

And since most of the other states seem to think that Cali is such a wonderful guideline of how they should be, it doesn't make much sense for the grand kids, either....

We have more than enough icebergs out here, & I'm not going to waste every bodies time naming them.....point is, tactics are the same, whether you're here in PRK, or out in Mass......the folks that want disarmed America to be their playground keep using the same mantra.....and it works wonders with sleeping people...... :o

Meanwhile, we'll just have to hone our "sales skills" to reach the folks who have been hiding, watching, & waiting......and the folks who live in actual "gun counties" (mostly up north, although there are a few down here in SoCal)....

I like to think that Hezekiah Wyman had the right idea when his wife told him he was "too old to fight", & he merely told her to "Watch......"

I understand that better now....... ;D ;) 8)
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

SavageShootr

Quote from: bob 210 on July 11, 2008, 09:41:41 AM
Quote from: Fred on July 11, 2008, 09:01:28 AM

"Qualified Rifleman" meaning anybody that shoots a 210 or better on the AQT. That sounds good to me. Now lets get busy getting people to an Appleseed and get them qualified. 1000 rockers is a lot of Rifleman! And we gotta get rid of the first batch to order the second batch! ;D

I qualify.  ;D I want one. Will we have them before JA, R-C, and I go to Winona, MN.? It would be nice to have them for that weekend. I would wear it proudly on the sleeve of my shooting jacket (in CA. too).

~SS

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

socalserf

colycat

Fred,

OK, so the great lakes region is not rocking  just yet.  How about a rocker the just says Great Lakes Region !!!

Colycat.

Ps, California, We had AS,s before you.  We just do not have 15 million people  near a range.  Actuallly we have only 4 million in the whole state.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Fred

Why don't you post this idea on the regional board, and see what people in IL, IN, MI, WI, and MN think?

Actually "Great Lakes" would include OH, NY and a few other states as well - right?

So might want to think about "Lake Michigan" instead of "Great Lakes" - heck, I like both titles, but some states might want to wait 12 months to see if they can get a specific state rocker.

Fred

Yep, the first 100+ are on their way to the great state of California, and I want to scotch rumors right here and right now that they actually say "COMMIEFORNIA" - or ever said that - it was just a computer glitch - a conservative computer that, every time the girl tried to type in "CALIFORNIA", what came out was "COMMIEFORNIA" - so she used a different computer.

Let's keep this program moving in CA, to teach that balky computer a real lesson!

PS: Bob 210 should have them in 3-4 days...

bob 210

This is such ground breaking, earth shattering news, it feels like the ground is moving beneath my feet!.......oh, wait a minute the earth is moving beneath my feet.....we just had an earthquake! WOW, these rockers are big news!!! :o ;D

socalserf

Spatulaman