News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Need your help to design our November banner for local PA forum PLEASE

Started by Publican, October 13, 2012, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Publican

You can see the current banner here:   http://www.pa2a.org/index.php

For November I want to EITHER focus on Veteran's Day - OR - Thanksgiving. I am learning toward VD because I think our Veteran's deserve all the thanks we can give them (among other things).

I want it to stay clean and classy.

I want the main message to focus on  EITHER Veteran's Day - OR - Thanksgiving. I think our name of Appleseed or RWVA should be in the background or much smaller than the main message. The main message might be as simple as:

"THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VETERAN'S". in the bold black of the current banner.
Than the words "project appleseed"  can be smaller and in the lighter print of the current banner
Eliminate the words "marksmanship & american heritage" to make space
Keep the circle logo as it is and where it is.

I suck at this type of thing. My guy at the forum designed the current banner. I suspect he would help again BUT I think we should try to have some ideas to work from.

November will be here before we know it and I need to get this art to "my guy" as soon as I can.
Thank you in advance!

"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Things now every day begin to grow more and more serious" Lord Percy

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican

techres

I tried to match the blue of the forum, and it is a tad bigger than I intended, but it is a draft to consider.

Let me know if it is in the ballpark of useful, editable, or a wrong direction.

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

techres

Publican

Quote from: techres on October 13, 2012, 12:17:24 PM
I tried to match the blue of the forum, and it is a tad bigger than I intended, but it is a draft to consider.

Let me know if it is in the ballpark of useful, editable, or a wrong direction.

Looks GREAT! I will call our deadline 1 week from today  in case others have ideas. Will submit to my guy to see what changes if any will need to be made.

Thank you so much for your time spent on this.

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican

techres

Do you mind if I share it with others to use on other forums as well? 

If exclusive helps you then let's go exclusive. 
If you could care less, other states might have a use for it as well.

Glad to help!

Publican

Whoever can use for whatever. We are all out here to fill lines ;)  I will be changing the ad slightly on a monthly or every other month basis. I think my other thread on this topic has the ideas based on each individual month.

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

EZ3

I think it would be hard to beat techres' idea for Nov.  Do you have a theme in mind for the next one?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Publican

Quote from: EZ3 on October 13, 2012, 09:35:17 PM
I think it would be hard to beat techres' idea for Nov.  Do you have a theme in mind for the next one?
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=31986.0

This is the other thread where I broke down the months and possible ideas. What about gift certificates being available?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now that I am at home, I can copy and paste. Here were my ideas:

-NOVEMBER  11 Veteran's Day - OR - Thanksgiving???

-DECEMBER 25 Christmas

-JAN 1 New Year's Day

-FEB 22 Washington's Birthday

-MARCH 16 Patriot's Day Third Monday

-APRIL16 Patriot's Day Third Monday

-MAY 28 Memorial Day

-JUNE 14 Flag Day

-JULY 4 Independence Day

-AUGUST .........9/11 ?

-SEPTEMBER  17 Constitution Day

lprgcfrank

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Publican

October is a straight AS ad. November looks like it will be a non-AS ad. I was hoping to go back to an AS ad which would ask folks to  commit to coming to an AS OR sending someone to an AS. Christmas (and some folks during Hanukkah) is a prime gift giving time of the year. Maybe an outright suggestion for folks to buy a gift certificate for someone they know.....

Maybe the banner could look like a gift certificate, of course have Appleseed on it and maybe some phrase like:
Give the gift of freedom
Give the gift of liberty
Give the gift of heritage & marksmanship
Etc............

Keep the  ideas coming.

Publican

Doggonit I really need to sleep. Maybe the brain can shut down after this thought.

For January, something like:
New Year's resolution = Help Save the Country!

Have some short saying like this one in an AS based banner. Something short and DIRECT that might get people to take action.

Feel free to jump ahead to other months ads. Bounce as many ideas around as we can.