News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID - LADYSEED - 2012

Started by TruTenacity, October 12, 2012, 01:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

Quote from: TruTenacity on October 18, 2012, 06:37:18 PM
What was running through my mind when I went up...and all weekend long actually...wasn't as much the rifleman standard in marksmanship as the rifleman character.

What I hadn't put my finger on at the time but have come to realize over the last few days is that earning the patch felt more like a commencement. Not the completion of something but the beginning. I shot a rifleman score, but in my heart I knew I hadn't earned that patch yet. I felt a very strong sense of what I still need to do to truly earn it. And it does involve much more than marksmanship. I'm going to work on it. It's very important.

Wow, that person gets it. 

How strong could America be? 

The warrior holds such a special place for so many cultures and, as an historian, you run into so many different kinds in that cultures literature.  You can pretty much pick the group and they have some version of a well-rounded, just, and upright warrior-poet.  The Bushido of the Japanese Samurai, the Khalsa code of the Sihkism, the chivalric code of the European knight, the Yuxia of China, you name it.  Most often those ideas are held in reserve for certain classes of people, be they wealthy or, worse yet, men.  Others can possess the qualities and exhibit the spirit but only in substance, not in name.  Here, in this country, it is different.  Anyone can be a Rifleman, anyone can shoulder that burden, be they young or old, big or small, man or woman.  All they have to do is get it, and this one does.  So many people look back at the Founding Fathers with ancestral worship and don't believe this country could ever reclaim that spirit.  They are wrong.  We can be BETTER.  I hope this one takes a hat.   
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

alkeford

Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

AuntieBellum

Who's ready for a few more pictures?!

How many instructors does it take to hang flags?   ;)

I could get used to setting up lines with this sort of backdrop.

Ratchett gets us started with the 1st Strike of the Match.

Followed by BrassyLassie's stirring rendition of the 2nd Strike.

Our photographer would do anything to get the perfect shot.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

AuntieBellum

Melissa, one of our new blue hats, shared her AR on Sunday.

And TruTenacity gives a stirring benediction.  Thanks again, everyone!!!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot