News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Fredericksburg, TX Oct 20-21, 2012

Started by dragit, October 22, 2012, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragit

A great event at Fbg this weekend with 25 attendees Sat. & 21 Sun.  This event had 9 youth on Sat. with 6 returning Sun.  These youth had willing attitudes and persistance, a pleasure to work with.  Thank you to Shawn, Elizabeth, Pat and John for bringing them out.

Stuart and Evan shot rifleman scores on the same AQT course of fire, and they are brothers!  Wyatt shot a 225 on his AQT, unfortunately he was thinking about something else on stage 4 by shooting 3-3-2-2 instead of 2-2-3-3 so it did not count.  Did not faze him, shot another rifleman score next round.  By the way, Wyatt is 16 and does not use a sling.  I was impressed.

There was a lot of improvement throughout the attendees and I hope you all went home happy with what you learned (history and marksmanship).  It is really something to observe as youngsters start the weekend having trouble prepping mags or loading a rifle to looking very comfortable handing their rifles by the end of the weekend.

Take good care of the children...

T
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Two Wolves

My first and biggest thanks go to Everet's wife Kelly for giving him a hall pass so that he could help with this shoot. Thank you Kelly.  O0

We had a great time this weekend. Three new riflemen  ^:)^  and Ray, a transplant from Kansas to San Marcos, changed his hat from blue to ORANGE! Thank you Ray (Drip Drop).  :)  We hope you make Fredericksburg kinda like your home range. But you are centrally located to several other ranges also.

Thank you to all of the participants. I know you had a good time and hope to see you again. BTW--Don and Kevin--I've got something for you.  :DH:  I think Marissa is going to out shoot you Dad.  ;D

I am blessed to be surrounded by great instructors, mentors and friends. Toyna, the cake was a nice surprise.

Wyatt, what can I say? Congratulations! Your an impressive young man. Hope to see you again.

Yours in Liberty~Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

:pop:

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

Two Wolves

fireshawn

Thank you guys for a great weekend.  The girls had a blast, and while tired, still talked about it all the way home and thru dinner w/ their moms and grandpa.  We will be back, and the girls both want a Rifleman patch.  Guess I need to buy stock in .22 ammo to feed their desire.  Thanks again for a good weekend of shooting, history and instruction.  Maybe on the next one dad will shoot some too!
God bless our troops. 
Tego Sine Metu

drip drop

It was a good shoot.  This Kansan is still getting used to the Texas heat.  I think the low was 70, and shooting jackets are warm.  There is nothing like a day in the sun shooting AQTs to put a smile on your face.  I needed a new hat though, and I'm looking forward to helping out.  There is a lot to do and a lot to learn.

R

tico

Thanks much for an instructional weekend, and for posting the pics up. Hopefully we'll manage to scrape together another weekend off to be able to come out again.

I was really hoping to knock out a rifleman patch using the stock sights on my cheapo Mossberg plinkster but it just didn't come together. Oh well.

Stuart

Many thanks to all of the instructors for their time and obvious talent for teaching.  I learned several new things this weekend that I either didn't hear last time or wasn't able to put into action at the other Appleseed I was able to attend in January 2010. 

Finding my NPOA really started becoming more natural and I was able to focus more on breathing, trigger control, and consistent finger placement on the trigger this time.  It was great to be able to trust the NPOA and just "let it happen." Dragit's suggestions on finger placement and how to avoid "dragging wood" really paid off for me and helped me shoot that rifleman's score.  It was a huge bonus to shoot my rifleman's score side by side with my brother on the very same AQT.

My brother, my dad and I had a fantastic time and are planning to make it an annual event.  We'll be working on bringing our other brother and our wives, too.

I sent a PM to dragit about becoming an orange hat, so we'll see where that goes from there.  I'd love to be able to give back and join with the other instructors. 

Thanks to Two Wolves for the pictures and the added bonus of challenge coins for the rifleman shooters.  The coin was a nice extra motivation. 

Thanks to Tonya for the cake, it was delicious.  Thanks to all the nice people we met for being there and having a good time along with us. 

Green Bean

Quote from: drip drop on October 22, 2012, 10:45:30 PM
It was a good shoot.  This Kansan is still getting used to the Texas heat.  I think the low was 70, and shooting jackets are warm.  There is nothing like a day in the sun shooting AQTs to put a smile on your face.  I needed a new hat though, and I'm looking forward to helping out.  There is a lot to do and a lot to learn.

R

Now that you have a new hat, are you going to the instructor KD in December? I think I saw a M1A there in the pics.

drip drop

Green Bean, I did sign up, and can't wait to put that rifle through some paces.

zonkertx

Nice pics as usual, Two Wolves!  But there's someone you forgot, so I'm tossing in a couple of you.
Congrats to the new Riflemen and Orange Hat, and thanks to all who made this yet another great shoot.

BTW, who hauled off all that .308 brass before it could be split up?!  ~~:)  :sb:

Two Wolves

Your camera makes my hair look too grey!  **)

The brass is on the trailer  ???

Two Wolves  :cool2: