News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

7th stepping

Started by Charles McKinley, October 11, 2012, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

I finally made it to and event at Grove City College and talked with Dr. Paul Kengore the head of the Cener for Vision and Values.  http://www.visionandvalues.org/

He seemed receptive to the idea of at least learning more about AS and hopefully we can do some cross promoting.  Grove City College put on some large events and it would be great to be able to tap into some of their publicity.

I also was able to talk with Glen Meakem.  He is a venture capitalist, radio host and Gulf War Vetran.  He also seemed very receptive to AS.  HE HAS BEEN TO BATTLE ROAD!  Highly encouraged me to make the trip with the munchkins.  Dick's Sporting Goods is a sponsor of his radio program.

http://glenmeakem.com/

I also got the name of a professor that did/does have a rifle club on campus.  It may be too late for this year for Slippery Rock but hopefully it will bare fruit next year.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Johnnyappleseed

Thanx for posting the links ,they are very interesting  O0

Efforts 7th stepping will bring us to that point when APPLESEED will be a name recognised and respected as a great nationwide venue for posterity  ;)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge