News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Proctor, VT Appleseed ,4-6 July

Started by Nickle, July 09, 2008, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickle

Well, another Proctor Appleseed is done, and 2 records shattered.

We only got 8 shooters, but we still cranked out 3 Riflemen. 2 shooters had to leave after lunch Friday, and were doing other things over the weekend. (One is an Auxillary Officer on a local PD, the other a Fire Fighter on a local Volunteeer FD.)

The records that we made?

Round count was right at 1000 rounds for the 3 days, lower than what I expected. Yes, they ALL were shooting .22's. It's New England, we're FRUGAL, we LIKE saving $$$.

And, when we were doing Rapid Fire Drills, we got every firing 10 rounds in 20 seconds, including a bolt gun shooter, using my Rem 513T.

Our Riflemen were:

Buzzworth, he made the cut numerous times.

Nathan (a local), using the Rem 513T boltgun, and it was on a Rapid Fire AQT. His score was in the 220's.

Dan (from NH), a 15 year old, he made the cut with a 10/22 International on Sunday, late. He shot a 228, IIRC.

Buzzworth and Nathan are second time Appleseeders, and Buzzworth has made the step to IIT.

Jeff (from Mass) shot his 20 second Rapid Fire exercise on a 1" square and only used 3 or 4 holes for all 10 shots, all in the square, with one touching the square. Yeah, that guy is scary in Rapid Fire.

Pictures will follow.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Buzzworth

To all, the Proctor 4th of July AS was GREAT!
It sure is nice to have the whole place to ourselves
It was hot on the the line (had to cover my plastic stock and flip over my mat as the black rubber burned my elbow) :o
A nice pace on Saturday was two rapid AQTs and a shade and hydro break then repeat 8)
I learned to mumble (sometimes loud) the 6 steps during prep time this helps me remember them as I set up my NPOA ;)
Nickle please post those photos
Had another OUTSTANDING! Appleseed ;D
I also think maybe a short how to for cleaning the rifle would be a good idea at the end of each day
As long as all live ammo is put away first
Seeing how  at a NICKLE Appleseed you will shoot a lot  :)
just a quick tooth brush swipe on the breach face and barrel end (extractor cut ) and bore snake and will help minimize any malfs (no alibis at Appleseed)

p.s.
My son is now fine he was in for five days and is near 100%
No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM