News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Pensacola, FL Oct 6-7, 2012

Started by 4merUSMC1803, October 08, 2012, 04:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

First off, a sincere Thank You to our host, Escambia River Gun Club and especially our AppleCore "Boots on The Ground", Tim F., for helping to make this event a solid success!  The range was perfectly set up and laid out by Tim.  Perry, the ERGC Duty RSO, was a huge help in getting us set up at the registration table with the proper forms and providing some shooting rests for the younger attendees. 

Saturday's  weather was ideal; Sunny and Warm!  48 Sunshine State Patriots arrived, from locations throughout the FL Panhandle,  at the ERGC range, near Pensacola, to strike a blow for liberty.  Most of our attendees arrived as family units, with several younger shooters to help fill the line.   (No sir, no couches and TVs for them on this day.)  Judging from the rapt attention observed, these fine folks were treated to some outstanding history, come to life, through the narrative efforts of AdobeWallsofFL and Engineer shooting.

Students were treated to healthy doses of Redcoats, shooting positions with the sling (prone, sitting/kneeling & standing); Steady Hold Factors; Natural Point of Aim; and 6 Steps of Firing the Shot.   Our AppleCore BOTG, Tim, turned in the only Rifleman re-qualification of the day, but several others were standing on the threshold.

Day 2, dawned overcast and cool, most likely contributing to the attendance shrinking a little bit.  Those hardy souls who braved the cooler temps were rewarded with a steady diet of AQTs, after safety and instructional reviews were conducted and rifle zeros were confirmed.  Four Riflemen debuted throughout the afternoon.  Virgil shot several Rifleman qualifying scores, with the high coming in at a whopping 242.  Andres then followed with multiple scores; his best showing a 223.  Then it was Colin's turn, as he finally scored a 211; Colin was also one of the youthful persons receiving the coveted Young Patriots patch.  Finally, on the last AQT of the afternoon, another Young Patriot recipient, Stephen, scored a 226 and earned his Rifleman patch! We had several shooters, not just standing on the threshold, but knocking on the door in the 200 point range.  Most of them indicated they would be back in December, to earn their patches!   

Remember, cultivate the skills you learned over the weekend and dry fire at home as much as it takes.  Also, perform that "7th Step" and bring someone else to benefit from the marksmanship instruction and hear the true story of April 19th!  Huzzah!

Below you'll find some photos documenting the event.   After viewing, please feel free to chime in and post your perspectives/experiences on the weekend.
D Lawley

AdobeWalls

On Sunday afternoon, Old Fudd roused all the liberty-minded shooters with a tale of imperial insult to the sanctity of a man's castle. No one could stand to allow that behavior, particularly kickin' my dog. That's just intolerable! Shooters ran for their rifles to revenge that canine patriot, and pasted The Regular Soldier to the Sighter on the Q&D AQT. Gave the Regulars four volleys with deadly effect.

Honor restored, it was back to the AQT Grind. Making Riflemen out of Cooks who could take no more of the King's arrogance.

But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

Alchemist

My blue hat is off to the instructors for running a huge event in such a smooth, safe and effective manner.  The six of them faced 48 cooks on a sunny Saturday morning and by Sunday forged 4 new Riflemen.  I'm confident we will see some great returns for our December and February shoots.

It was a huge event and everything went smoothly.  It's the largest Appleseed ever held at ERGC.  I am encouraged by the turnout and impressed by how well the facility absorbed the traffic.

It'll be hard to beat this one but I not only learn something new at every shoot, I've come to expect greatness.

Huzzah!