News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL Oct 6-7 AAR

Started by 2 clicks low, October 08, 2012, 02:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Dateline Thursday:
Great, got a cold and it's getting worse. And I'm the Shoot Boss. What to do?
Hmmmm. Staff list..... Karl, Stonn, Prairie Eagle, Steck and Viper. This group could teach the whole army to shoot in a weekend. Sent a PM to them. Get prompt response, "send your COI". Bingo. Just show up. I am fortunate to have the best staff in the western hemisphere. I need only oversee. And with a great staff that is a piece of cake. Took it easy on Saturday and was back in the action, if a bit slow, on Sunday. Thanks, I literaly could not have done it without you.

Great weather. Saturday started out 22* and warming up to 40*. And just a touch of wind. 20 something shooters, will do paper work later, 7 rifleman.

Wait, did he just say 7 riflemen?

Photos and detail to follow.
2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Steck

What a great group, and a wonderful weekend that illustrated how perseverance pays off.

Looking forward to pictures of happy Riflemen and their new patches!   ^:)^

Karl

Well folks like 2 Clicks said we has some pretty good weather for October this past weekend.   

Congratualtions to all of our new Riflemen and we also had a requalify or two if I remember correctly. O0

There were several, now that I think about it, almost everyone was knocking on the door to score expert on the AQT. I'm honored to have the opportunity to share the weekend with you to learn rifle marksmanship and share in the heritage of our country.

If I remember corrrectly there were also 5-6 young patriot patches earned this weekend.....There should be a bunch of pictures posted soon..... :pics:

2 Clicks, remember...we've got your back.

Thanks everyone,

Karl

"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

FireHawk

What a great time I had this past weekend!

Instructors: 2 Clicks, Karl, Stonn, Steck, Prairie Eagle and Viper...  You guy's are some of the finest instructors I've had the pleasure to learn from.  Thank you so much for volunteering your time.  I learned so much this past weekend.  You all are such a friendly and welcoming group...  Your pointers are awesome, your suggestions always work and of course you point out my bone head mistakes  %) making me a better/safer shooter.

Without you guys, I couldn't have improved so much to shoot Rifleman on my first appleseed.  I look forward to coming again with my newly ordered Garand (Hehehe) in the future.

-Craig

Prairie Eagle

It was a great shoot with awesome attendees. All who attended are fine Americans cut from our best cloth and give me great hope that we can save the sinking ship. I was really impressed with each and everyones dedication to learn and focus on improving. The groups improved continually and drastically throughout the weekend, with all shooters in the 180+ range by Sunday. With dry-fire practice, I am confident all could shoot the score.

2 clicks low showed us all that above all a rifleman persists, showing up Saturday with a miserable cold, pouring out of his car in liquid form, and gutting it out the whole weekend building his strength and resolve with each passing hour! His downtime gave me an opportunity to step up and really hone my own points of instruction, thank you for the chance.

I have never seen shooters with such smiles on their face when reaching the score, whether Emily who worked so hard and despite frustration pulled it out on Sunday (or her dad who encouraged her all weekend then when she took a break picked up the same rifle for 1 AQT and shot the score after re-absorbing all of the instruction), Lena who has attended a number of Appleseeds and showed constant improvement, or Ole the German exchange student who persevered into late Sunday afternoon when almost all other had tired and moved onto the steel and finally brought it all together.

As others have called for,  :pics: so here they are!

Prairie Eagle

Karl delivering a rousing First Strike, I hope someday to be able to do as well:

Prairie Eagle

As Karl gives the strike, the shooters bundle against the chill but listen intently:

Prairie Eagle

Our first rifleman of the weekend, Matt shot the score on Saturday afternoon right out of the gate!

Prairie Eagle

Stonn in his shaggy dog hat delivering the Third Strike:

Prairie Eagle

Emily getting her youth patch Saturday.

Prairie Eagle

Karl helping a young shooter warm up while he gets his youth patch:

Prairie Eagle

Three young ladies earned their youth patch showing huge improvements on their redcoats the first day:

Prairie Eagle

Our next generation of Riflemen!

Prairie Eagle

Lena, who I have worked with at a few shoots earned her patch on Sunday. Congrats Lena, we were all pulling for you!

Prairie Eagle

Another Rifleman on Sunday, Huzzah!

Prairie Eagle

I think the cold moved to 2 clicks low's head:

Prairie Eagle

Lena's husband Mike, being a man who knows well what he is about, was not about to sit idly by so he stepped up to the line, shot by the numbers and shot Rifleman right away! At this point we start to worry about running low on patches!  ;D

Prairie Eagle

Then Emily after working so hard got in the Rifleman's bubble and earned her patch! She is a young lady who knows well what she is about!

Prairie Eagle

A smile like that deserves a second shot, I don't know who is smiling more, Emily who worked so hard to get it or Stonn who had the honor to hand it to her.

Prairie Eagle

Emily with her dad, who despite the cold stood behind the equipment line cheering her on and giving her support.

Prairie Eagle

After helping his daughter out all weekend and not taking a shot, Emily's dad who has attended Appleseed in the past but not yet shot rifleman, wowed us all when he picked up her rifle while she took a break and proceeded to earn his own patch! Great job dad!

Prairie Eagle

Father and Daughter - A family that knows well what they are about, and I hear they may be a sibling up and coming who I hope to see at the next shoot:

Prairie Eagle

And finally, late in the day on Sunday, all shooters but 3 had moved over to the 100 yard range to ring some steel. Ole remained determined and began a series of rapidly progressing AQTs. He was rewarded for his perseverance by earning his rifleman patch to take when he returns to Germany and show off to his friends!

Prairie Eagle

That's all of the pictures I got. My shutter finger was getting plum wore out with 7 New Rifleman Forged! as an instructor it just doesn't get any better than this group, it was like shooting fish in a barrel!  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^

I hope all of our new rifleman will stay sharp and take the next step by taking an orange hat. I'd love to talk more to any of you about how the path of the rifleman should continue, feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

All of the shooters improved phenomenally throughout the weekend. I know that with a little dry fire practice and practice of the 6 steps we will turn all into rifleman at the next shoot.

SlyGuyBob

Another big thanks to 2 Clicks, Karl, Stonn, Steck, Prairie Eagle and Viper.

I was so close to making it, but always fell 10-20 points short.

I'll get em next time.

Sly
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
- Dr. Seuss

Rubicon

Big thanks to all the Appleseed Team who organized and led a great event this weekend. My dear wife, Lena, and I had a great time on Sunday. This was our 3rd Appleseed and we both shot Rifleman score. We've learned something new every time we've come out that  could immediately apply to our marksmanship. In addition to history, safety and marksmanship; each Appleseed has provided a unique shooting experience. A month ago Stonn allowed us (and others) to shoot his SKS at the steel targets that 2 Clicks Low assembled on the 100 yrd range. This month Steck allowed us (and others) to shoot her M1 Garand at AQT. We brought our camera this time. Below is a link to a video of a few people who took up Steck's generous offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=sDfiWTLQE6k&feature=youtu.be

Thank you Steck, Stonn, 2 Clicks Low, Karl, Prairie Eagle, and Viper. You're a great team.

Congratulations to all those who earned their patches this weekend.

Mike & Lena

2 clicks low

Riflemen
Matt 220 Reconfirm with 221 and 241 Way to go Matt. You would look good in orange.
Lena 234
Craig 218
Mike 213
Emily 214
Warren 229
Oleg 213

Hanz re qualified 232 and 218. Went on to do it lefty 212.  I got a hat for you, lets talk.
Pictures
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Prairie Eagle

Quote from: SlyGuyBob on October 09, 2012, 05:39:40 PM
Another big thanks to 2 Clicks, Karl, Stonn, Steck, Prairie Eagle and Viper.

I was so close to making it, but always fell 10-20 points short.

I'll get em next time.

Sly

You sure will Sly, you were knocking on the doorstep Sunday. Do some dry firing and focus on the trigger finger and you will have it down.

Patriot Gal

Congrats to all the new riflemen and a hearty "Well Done!" to all who braved the cold and windy prairie of the Aurora Sporstman's Club.  O0 O0

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

jneuman88

Quote from: Prairie Eagle on October 09, 2012, 12:46:36 PM
Emily with her dad, who despite the cold stood behind the equipment line cheering her on and giving her support.

That's my girl!  So proud of her and wanted to thank you all for the help and encouragement you gave her.  I wish I could've been there, but Warren kept me posted throughout both days.  And she was beaming when she got home Sunday night!  We're hoping that I and our other daughter, Abby, will be able to attend an Appleseed next spring.  We're jealous of Warren and Emily's Rifleman patches (and Abby really, really wants a purple shirt LOL!)  Thanks again!

Jennifer (aka Emily's Mom)