News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shooting Jacket

Started by dreamerofdreams, October 04, 2012, 08:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamerofdreams

Has anyone found a reasonably priced jacket that is actually sized and cut to fit women?  I saw the last post, but I'm very small and worried about fit.
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

AFTERMATH

If you're interested in the USMC style.  There's an Appleseeder who actually makes them.  I'd assume she might be able to make custom sizing and fitting. 

Here's the thread:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26523.0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

2 clicks low

Link to custom shooting jackets :
https://sites.google.com/site/madebymcron/home
Well made and priced right. They will custom make to your specs.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

dreamerofdreams

"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Roland

The ones 2cl mentioned are probably the best, unless you really want to spend a whole bunch of money on a custom fit leather model. And hey, let's give some Appleseeders the business!
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Mark Davis

Both those links go to a very nice lady who lives in Montana, she made me a shooting jacket, but it really needs a pocket to hold a magazine for standing.

hinermad

I bought one of Mary's shooting jackets last summer. (That's who 2 clicks low is suggesting.) She'll email you to get your measurements and make the jacket to order. If you have a special request she'll tell you what's possible, and at what cost. A pocket for magazines might be worth mentioning.

I'm quite pleased with mine. It's REALLY sturdy but generous enough in size to be comfortable.

Dave