News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

easy pickins

Started by mac3647, October 04, 2012, 12:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac3647

Taking my instructor training for Iowa DNR Hunter Safety,  asked by head Instructor to present APPLESEED  O0 to the group tonight, a captive audience of over 30 students and four instructors!  ^:)^ Handed out a tri fold, a schedule of up coming shoots  :--- and a CONSTITUTION to each one, and gave a 5-6 minute run down on the program.  Lots of interest, lots of questions, hope it proves out on the line next weekend and in November!
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

Yankeedutch

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Ratchett

FANTASTIC!!  O0 O0  Let us know how it works out on the line...
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Kosciusko

Maybe offer a free en-masse  Appleseed to those  present?  Fred can approve zero-compensation, no-fee Appleseed shoots for  select groups.    34 people who would shill for the program is an awesome "get".

k

Miller

So let me get this straight......
You got a room full of people proven to have an interest in fire arms instruction and you're ASKED to 7th step?

Fish

In

A

Barrel!

Fearful but resolute.

mac3647

Well yes ........fish in a barrel ! LOL   Didn't know about the possible free Event !    That would seem like a really good thing here(southwest Iowa) lots of these people are low income, one  of  the instructors had offered to help a couple of students with ammo cost if they wanted to go. 
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

loves2hunt59

Pitmaster

I think hunter education classes can be a great market. I'm sure parents would like the training for their kids. Its also an opportunity to sell Appleseed and a great resource to tune-up shooting skills and learn to use the sling to shoot better in certain situations. I've been able to do it at several classes at our local club. Their has been interest but I can't say its filled our lines. One of the keys would be to get hooked in with your area's state coordinator and get his blessing and interest. I have done that here and he's is sold. I need to further develop the relationship but that does take a little time.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member