News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Post here, possible promotional opportunities for WI

Started by Trisha, October 03, 2012, 12:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

I would like a list of possible promotional opportunities even if you think it is out of the box. Examples would be parades, festivals, conventions, etc.

Names and dates please!  :)

Activate Lodi Health & Safety Fair
Nov 10, 2012  9am - 12pm
Lodi, WI @ the middle school

Gun Show at Stadium View Bar and Grill
November 11th 9AM to 3 PM
Green Bay

Wisconsin Parents Association  (Wisconsin homeschooling group that is secular)
May 3-4, 2013
UW Oshkosh

2 ways to particpate:

1.  Booth  $65 for one table
2.  Provide literature for the "free bag"  $40 plus cost of supplies

Wisconsin Christian Home Educators Conference
Thursday, May 23 - Saturday, May 25, 2013
OLYMPIA RESORT & CONFERENCE CENTER IN OCONOMOWOC, WI

2 things we could do:
1.  Have a booth display
2.  Put on a 3 strikes "class" for people to attend.

Susie the Duck Day Parade
Saturday August 10th, 2013
Lodi, WI

Kosciusko

we had a table at the Minnesota Homeschoolers Alliance - response was positive

also Constitution Fest - don't know if you've got one in Wisconsin

DPMS  Outbreak Omega and SHTF-2, prepper/zombie shoots - again, don't know if you've got any, but I do know that you have 3-gun shoots, try getting a lane at one and running the shooters thru a free  greencoat challenge, over 170 and we gave them a free old/grey T-shirt, most shooters scored below 100 out of 250 possible   we gave away 5 T-shirts out of 200-300 shooters

Bob Pucci will give RWVA a free table at all his gun shows, check  bobandrocco.com, as he runs other shows as well

we tried getting the Venture Scouts to buy in, so far, no luck here

4-H was responsive at the MN  state meet in Fairmont, we've made contact w/ the director and the 2 shooting coordinators    We've held a shoot for 4-H at Redwood Falls

it seems high schools are bringing back shooting/rifle teams in MN, maybe try to find some in WI?

k

LadyVetch

Nov 10, 2012  9am - 12pm

Here's the e-mail I just received today:

QuoteAlso I'm to ask if you think Project Appleseed would like a table at the Activate Lodi Health, Safety Fair on November 10.  It's free, at the Middle school from 9-12. Let me know what you find out :)

I will be in Green Bay that day with the Boy Scouts and would not be able to man the table. 

Do we have someone else willing?

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Trisha

Quote from: LadyVetch on October 03, 2012, 07:07:11 PM

Nov 10, 2012  9am - 12pm

Here's the e-mail I just received today:

QuoteAlso I'm to ask if you think Project Appleseed would like a table at the Activate Lodi Health, Safety Fair on November 10.  It's free, at the Middle school from 9-12. Let me know what you find out :)

I will be in Green Bay that day with the Boy Scouts and would not be able to man the table. 

Do we have someone else willing?

This is great. Let's keep this thread with ideas and then separate threads with each specific event or even the promo events in each month that we can sign up for. In other words, don't post here if you can go, you can either wait for the thread or PM LV, dfly and myself letting us know.

Thanks!

LadyVetch

Saturday August 10th, 2013

Susie the Duck Day Parade

Lodi, WI

We could have a "float" or dress up in period costume.  Hand out tri folds and some other "promo" item - magnets, pens, frisbees, squeeze balls, flippy flyers, t-shirts to select few, playing cards to others and of course, candy

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

LadyVetch

Thursday, May 23 - Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wisconsin Christian Home Educators Conference
OLYMPIA RESORT & CONFERENCE CENTER IN OCONOMOWOC, WI

2 things we could do:

1.  Have a booth display

2.  Put on a 3 strikes "class" for people to attend.

LadyVetch

May 3-4, 2013

Wisconsin Parents Association  (Wisconsin homeschooling group that is secular)

UW Oshkosh

2 ways to particpate:

1.  Booth  $65 for one table
2.  Provide literature for the "free bag"  $40 plus cost of supplies

Trisha

Come on everyone! Let me know about anything else we could promote AS at for the rest of 2012 and all of 2013.

fepowered

Nicolet Rifle Club is hosting a Gun Show at Stadium View Bar and Grill in Green Bay.  We are donating a table for Appleseed and need someone to staff it.  Rick was going to ask if MaverickAR6 is available??   I am working that weekend.
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Trisha

What weekend? And I will start a new thread asking for help since this thread is just for possible promotional ideas with dates and locations.

dragonfly

So I'm at the Baraboo Culvers and they have these cards for the Boys and girls club. Donate a dollar and put your name on the card for everyone to see.

My card says WI Appleseed  ;) .

I have done this for many other charities as well. Cost a buck, and its posted for everyone to see, every little helps  :cool2:

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

fepowered

Quote from: Trisha on October 29, 2012, 06:56:34 PM
What weekend? And I will start a new thread asking for help since this thread is just for possible promotional ideas with dates and locations.
The show is November 11th 9AM to 3 PM
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Trisha

Taylor

Upcoming in Indianhead corner of WI-

-IHRPC 27th Annual Gun Show 4/12-13 we'll be staffing an AS table
-Gordon Good Neighbor Days 7/5-6(?) will be promoting upcoming AS in Gordon
-Gordon Gun Show 8/23-24 will be promoting remaining 2013 NW WI Appleseeds

Taylor/aka Mike
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

dragonfly

Who's got the skills to put some flyers together. We need separate flyers for each of the 7 patriots weekend event. Its time for some good old fasion low tech promotions  O0

Hubertus WI
Lodi WI
Chaseburg WI
River Falls WI
Mason WI
Racine WI
River Falls WI

Thanks,
D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

Janir planned on doing those flyers this weekend.

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Trig

I'm pretty sure I saw those fliers somewhere...cant seem to find them now... any help?
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Trig

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Wally

"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

muffin308

Friends of the NRA Bluff Country Banquet & Auction

08/06/2013   
5:00 PM

Hilltop Bar & Ballroom
S3125 County Road M
Fountain City, WI 54629

https://www.friendsofnra.org/EventDetails.aspx?eid=9896&sid=51
There...!  His Majesty can now read my name without glasses.  And he can double the reward on my head!  - John Hancock
To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and to be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. - Richard Henry Lee

Trisha

Chaseburg Rod and Gun has a Youth Day where we can go in during their lunch and present the Three Strikes, just need to keep it under an hour. It's on September 7