News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, (Seven Oh Eight!!!)

Started by DragonWood, July 07, 2008, 07:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonWood

It was a great week at the Ramseur BC. It was hot, humid, thunder & lightening, a couple of cool mornings, more heat, more rain (torrential downpours), more thunder & lightening, and oh yeah, it was HOT! It was hard leaving and coming back to reality, espcially turning on the cell phone after having it off for 9 days!

For those of you who missed this one, you will have another chance coming up in AUGUST!! ;D

We had 17 attendees and turned out 9 riflemen!! They all worked hard, sweated profusely and hammered out one AQT after another.

Popups came later in the week. Our shoot boss had to show us all how it was done and got all eight of them down, with only one shot per popup in less than a minute! 

JB will report soon and fill you in on the details. Just wanted to start a post and let you all we survived under the tight rule of JB sporting the newly designed apple green shoot boss hat!

Remember, another chance comes up here in August, so start working it into your schedule!

DW

Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. (George Washington)

Fred

Have to second DW about this camp - it sure looked like a good one, and I was sorry that work at the warehouse kept me from seeing more of it.

Camping in the shade under the trees looked pretty inviting (Fred's not a camper, but even he was tempted :)).

It wasn't as hot as it could have been, but the humidity worked hard to make up for it. Heavy rain just after sunset later in the week broke some of the heat.

atticus brought some of the 4' X 8' "Project Appleseed" signs like the one out in California (altho I understand these were 1" bigger in both dimensions ;D).

Any of you reading about the Ramseur RBC should make a resolution to sign up for the next one. Period.

There's no where else in the country you can experience the Ramseur Rifleman Boot Camp. It's the only one with popup targets, the only one on the RWVA home range...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...