News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montana Is Growing

Started by George Hacker, September 26, 2012, 11:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Project Appleseed is growing in Big Sky Country.  We added a new host range last year and have been promoting the shoots.  As a result of our promotions, many shoots have had attendance with almost 20 shooters and a few have been approaching 30 shooters.  What this means is that Montana needs more red hat instructors and a couple more shoot bosses.

If you are an orange hat in Montana, please step up and work on your history and chip away at your PC4.  You don't have to wait until you are an IIT3 to begin tackling your PC4.  An orange hat was never designed to be a final destination.  It was designed to be a place where you could develop your skills as you prepare and work for your red hat.

If you are a rifleman who attends Appleseed events from time to time, why not join us and help save the nation?  If you are good working with people, we could use some new orange hats in Montana, but only if you are willing to work more than 4 shoots a year.  What makes Appleseed great is its wonderful volunteers who promote events and work shoots.

Montana is ready to explode with growth.  The only thing holding it back is a fully developed instructor crew.

- ShadowMan

PS:  The Internet cannot convey emotion.  I hope you realize this appeal is heartfelt and not harsh.  I had the privilege of working an event in Great Falls this past summer and I was impressed with the instructors I worked with, Mark Davis and BEEMER, and the support given by the host range.  Montana, you are a great state.  Carpe diem.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Countree

I felt the "warmth", George! I feel I need to get rifleman at least a 2nd time before I get too carried away! I feel like it will happen soon.... but I am going to keep ignoring the Orange Hat for a little longer.

I am very proud and happy to have the great instructors that we have here in MT and of course the ones that come to visit and share all the fun with us! Thanks Everyone!

Paul

Carlson

Greetings from El Paso, TX.

I'm retiring out of the Active Army next year, and I plan to relocate near family in Bozeman.   I should be able to help with Northwest events by August.

Respectfully,
Matthew L Carlson.

Mark Davis

Looking forward to meeting you.
I live just west of Bozeman.