News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chaseburg, WI Sept 22-23, 2012

Started by Old Glory!, September 23, 2012, 10:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Glory!

One of the four Appleseeds in WI this weekend.   O0
Thanks to the Chaseburg range for hosting another SUPER Appleseed.
Linda, Dan, Kate, Tony, Chuck, Megan, and Dan - fine Americans all!  ..:..
Pics and stories to follow.  Feel free to chime in.....I'll try to get some pics posted.

p.s. Kate; if your brother had a nick name, would it be Silence?

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

colycat

Into the Coulee...

What a wonderful weekend, spent in the most gorgeous country setting that one could hope for.
The Chaseburg Rod and Gun Club is located at the end of this valley.  I guess its called a coulee.  Kinda fits.

This was a small shoot, as it seems every time I am lucky enough to go there, its opening day of something.  Old Glory and I were awakened to the sound of gun shots.  Not like a drive by shooting,  it was pop corn sound off in the distance.  Opening day of Duck!!!!  The good news is at least the non attendees had a gun in their hands and that's a good thing.  The bad news is they are still as un aware of THEIR liberty as they were yesterday.

I will post more tomorrow, as this Appleseed was really special.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Practice doesn't make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect.  Or at least 4 MOA O0  Carl and Dan have been shooting alot in the last months to get ready for this weekend and it payed off with Rifleman scores.

3rd time is a charm, now which color do you want? Once the 210 barrier was broken, 220's became the norm.  Nice shooting, Meggan :)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Dan2

It was a great two days in Chaseburg.  It was so cool that Megan and Chuck made Rifleman!!  I used to be just a cook, now I'm a Rifleman who also cooks...

Thanks to Colycat and Old Glory for a great shoot!!

Dan2

colycat

Darn good form for a "never shot a rifle before".  Kate went from missing the target to Sharpshooter.  Well done O0

RustyRed

WOW looks like a fine group! looks like you all had a great time
congrats to the all Rifleman ^:)^!!

dragonfly

Truly Gods country  :)

Well done everyone  O0 O0

D-fly Keeping the Faith

Quote from: colycat on September 24, 2012, 02:02:01 AM

Into the Coulee...

What a wonderful weekend, spent in the most gorgeous country setting that one could hope for.
The Chaseburg Rod and Gun Club is located at the end of this valley.  I guess its called a coulee.  Kinda fits.

This was a small shoot, as it seems every time I am lucky enough to go there, its opening day of something.  Old Glory and I were awakened to the sound of gun shots.  Not like a drive by shooting,  it was pop corn sound off in the distance.  Opening day of Duck!!!!  The good news is at least the non attendees had a gun in their hands and that's a good thing.  The bad news is they are still as un aware of THEIR liberty as they were yesterday.

I will post more tomorrow, as this Appleseed was really special.
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

colycat

Reading the greeting from Fred and answering the 2 questions.  Welcome aboard Dan, Dan, and Megan to the bucket brigade O0

Taylor

Thank you Dan, Dan and Megan. O0 :bow:

Great Appleseed everyone! O0 :bow:
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

martin

Looks like you guys had a great time!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Dan 1

This weekend couldn't have been better. Sunshine and no bugs. Big thanks to Colycat and Old Glory for instructing.  I am very proud of all the shooters, but especially our new Riflemen, Chuck, Dan, and especially Megan.  I am proud to become an Instructor in Training and even prouder when my daughter Megan grabbed an orange hat for herself.  We will try not to let America down. O0

Cooper

WOW !!

What an AWESOME event!  I am so frustrated at being a "cripple" and not being able to attend this shoot... but obviously, you didn't need me to make it such a success...  just as you did at my first Appleseed event a couple years back at the La Crosse range....  You two "hooked me" with your passion, your presentation of The History and your patient and impassioned commitment to both my improvement in marksmanship ability and my reawakening to the Heart of America and the sacrifices of our forebearers.

Huzzah! for the successes of this event, and congratulations to Dan and Chuck on your success, and to Megan as well, although I can't remember if I met you at the last Chaseburg shoot or not...
I'm getting old, and you need to cut me some slack...

Coop the Cripple
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

MaverickAR6

Great job everyone and welcome aboard, Dan, Dan and Megan!
"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill