News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hubertus, WI September 22, 2012

Started by JoeZ, September 23, 2012, 09:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

Another thank you to the 15 shooters who came out, braved the cold rain and worked hard at improving themselves. Learning your history and sharpening your marksmanship skill is a dip in our American heritage pool. Remember, to you live your your heritage successfully is to pass it on properly and when passed on you become that heritage lovingly learned by your posterity. Is that not a truly beautiful thing?

Good work to Rick on his rifleman score, congrats to our youth who stuck with us all day and received the youth patch, and even yours truly the as shoot boss earned a patch. Thank you so much Brett and Lauren for that! We need a smiley emoticon that is thumbing his nose at someone so I can put it here for all those anti-patch mongers.

Pics will follow and perhaps Brett could expound on the patch they gave me. Its a good story.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

neoinarien

It was a good shoot and our shooters improved DRAMATICALLY from start to finish.

Thank you JoeZ, SBIT Trisha, and all the instructors who were there.

Trisha

What a great day! Even with those dark clouds looming we ended up with 15 shooters! Thank you to the attendees for spending the day with us and I hope you continue to make the choice to learn about marksmanship and your heritage.

Congratulations to Rick for scoring Rifleman! I hope you will continue to bring Zach back so he can earn his patch too. And the same goes for the rest of the shooters as well. I hope you all will be back, and will bring someone with you.

Thank you Joe, I always learn so much from you every time I attend an AS with you. It was nice working with you all, BrettA, jrturbo and neoinarien.

Can't wait for my next Appleseed, how about the rest of you?

dragonfly

Quote from: Trisha on September 24, 2012, 09:00:25 PM
Can't wait for my next Appleseed, how about the rest of you?

Always look forward to the next  O0 O0

Great job to All

D-fly Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

BrettA

There are  few people that wake you up and change the way you live your life. Thanks Joe for waking Lauren and I up. You have truly changed our lives. We got the patches as a thank you at Buckman Tavern after watching the reenactment on Monday morning. We then got married on Thursday April 19th in Woburn. 

The shoot was great. Telling history for the first time was easier than I thought it would be. (I have to get over the public speaking jitters.) I look forward to working more shoots and earning my red hat. Thanks to Trisha, neoinarien, and jrturbo for coming out. It was great to see you all again.

I hope to see the shooters come back as they improved greatly over the course of the day. 

Stay safe everyone. We'll see you soon.

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

MaverickAR6

Looked like an awesome shoot!  I need to make it down there for one... :)
"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill

EricTheRed

Congrats Rick, way to go. Keep bringing your friends and show them how well you can shoot

follow us on twitter @WIAppleSeed

Trisha

Alright turbo, where are those pics you took?  &)  ;D

jrturbo

Gotta resize all of them.  They are on my computer at home.  Hopefully tonight they will be up.
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.

jrturbo

Photos - Phinally!

Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.