News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Colombia Falls MT Sept 22,23 2012

Started by Mark Davis, September 21, 2012, 09:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Just now getting in the car to drive to Colombia Falls. Post your comments here.
Mark

Necee

Drive safe!  I'll see you in the morning :)  Forgot to remind you to grab my umbrella...oops!  I'll get it in Three Forks maybe ;)

Mark Davis

Saterday eighteen shooters shooters on the line, many needed slings and help. We got a slow start but did get a AQT fired before the end of the day, with no Riflemen.
Sunday, morning brought fewer shooters those shooters were better prepared. First AQT brought a new rifleman, Steele who proved again and again he was the master of his rifle.
Dakota shot rifleman scores twice after overcoming the rapid fire monkey.
Ken, a holder of the coveted badge of th rifleman fired up to the standard, as did our blue hat volenteer Necee, who came to the line cold, with no warm up or sighters and fired rifleman.
We had a gracious gentleman donate to the program Saterday morning, and I want to say thank you again.
Thanks to everyone,
Looking forward to my next trip to Colombia Falls

Necee

Try this again....

Thanks to all the participants for a great weekend!  We had 4 family groups and lost of friends!  It's always great when we have people ready to go with teachable attitudes  O0   It was a slower pace with so many new to the rifle, but everyone was patient and hung in and kept frustrations at bay. 

Congrats to Steele and Dakota on getting that patch!!  Ken- nice job on the re-qual :) 

We had 9 youth shooters, 6 women and 3/4 men out shooting this weekend.  LOVE to see the kids out learning this fantastic skill and some history that they need to know and isn't taught too much anywhere else.  THANK YOU for taking the time this weekend to come out.

Here are some pictures from the weekend (if they post)

Necee

and some more  ::)

Necee

and more...   ^-^

Necee

SUNDAY!!  We missed Corinna and her girls and Risa and Maria- hope you all get the chance to come to another one!  It was great watching as you improved throughout Saturday and hope you enjoyed it.

CONGRATS lumberjack55 on your RED HAT!!!  Way to go  ^:)^

For those lucky ones that came back for more on Sunday- here you go! 

Necee

See you all next time!

mvtrnty

Great Pictures and Weekend.  Good time learning about our history and shooting skills.  The instruction was awesome.  Already looking forward to the next shoot.

eert

Greetings from the Condon Mtn. Fire.

Sorry about all the smoke, but down here at Condon Mtn. we are doing the best we can!  We actually made significant progress on the fire yesterday and today, but there will still be smoke for a while.  I'm also sorry  that Roland and I couldn't make the shoot, as the weather looked better than when we had the Aquaseed in June.  Maybe next time!

Congrats to the new and repeat RM, and a special congrats to the new Red Hat.  Way to go Lumberjaack 55, I look forward to working the line with you again! 

Hope to see you all on the line in the near future. 

EERT

Necee

Thanks for fighting that eert!!!  The smoke up there was WAY better than where I am in the Bitterroot- so it was a breath of 'fresh' air for me :)  I was MUCH nicer this weekend than the June shoot  ;)

Thanks again and STAY SAFE!

Necee

Mark Davis

I got to see the flames while driving up there on Friday night, thought they were pretty big.
Diving home Sunday evening, I  saw how far the fire was from the road, the flames from Friday must have been hundres of feet tall.
We were just about right with the instructors and the people who showed up, I wonder if many stayed home because of the smoke.