News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Suamico WI Sept. 22-23 2012

Started by dragonfly, September 22, 2012, 06:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

A few minutes after 4am as I ready for my stead, the thunder roars and I hear the hale hit the ground. What a glorious weekend for an Appleseed  :~
Can't wait to get started  :) .

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

26 great Americans shared a great weekend with Appleseed in Suamico thanks everyone  O0 Thanks to the Nicolet Rifle club for hosting the event.

7 new rifleman MaverickAR6 has more pics.

D-fly Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

colycat

Great to see the #'s go up at every shoot in Suamico O0
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

MaverickAR6

Yes... it was a great weekend in Suamico with an awesome turnout both Saturday (26) and Sunday (20)!  The weather was a bit windy at times, but to no effect on our group of great American Patriots.  There were a few first-time rifle shooters, several return shooters from the August Suamico shoot, and all were willing to soak up as much information and history as possible.  Both days' shooting went very smooth.

Saturday produced 3 new Riflemen and one re-qualifier, Doug.

Rifleman Kaleb (235)

Rifleman Rita (225)

Rifleman Jaden (214)

Sunday produced 4 new Riflemen and two re-qualifiers, Josh and Rick (IIT).

Rifleman Dave (235)

Rifleman Cindy (235)

Rifleman Linda (218)

Rifleman Brett (215)

Sunday's AQT grind turned out to be full of very good scores and showed A LOT of improvement by all shooters.  Those that didn't make Riflemen were certainly knocking on the door.  Sunday also brought out a few larger calibers... couple of M1s, IIT Rick's M1A, Dragonfly's M25 and even an AK-47.  By the end of the day Sunday, there were smiles all around.  Dave actually scored Rifleman with his 10/22, his M1, Rick's M1A, and almost did it with the AK-47, as well.  Dave was supposed to be at a shooting match Sunday afternoon... but I think he was having too good a time at Appleseed!  :---

To all our shooters who made so much of an improvement over Saturday's first redcoat targets... practice, practice, practice.  With persistence, that Rifleman patch is very much in reach of you all.  The redcoat targets were scared Sunday afternoon and did their very best to fall off the target backers before the FIRE! Command was given... but to no avail. There were 10 bucket shots made Sunday afternoon out of about 13-14 shooters left on the line.  Great job!

Thanks to everyone for a great time and shoot.  We even scored a LibrarySeed date for Oct. 10th.
Oh Yeah, how cool is that!

Mav
(practiced his "trigger control" technique on a stopwatch button all weekend... and was very happy to do so!) ^:)^
"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill

martin

Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

EricTheRed

7 new Rifleman, Incredible. keep up the great work instructors

follow us on twitter@WIAppleSeed

HUP

This was my first Appleseed. Got my 10-22 the day before and knew NOTHING about it. Didn't even have a sling. The instructors were kind and so patient with me, and I thank them for that! I invited several people to come (two did) and my dear hubby even came after working into the wee hours of Sat am. We all enjoyed the instruction and it was a beautiful weekend to be outside! I can now say I know how to fire my rifle and hit a target while loading and unloading and being timed, quite an accomplishment seeing as I still don't know the name of all the parts of my rifle  :)
I had been wanting to attend an Appleseed for quite some time and I was not disappointed. Loved the history lessons also. Great group of people; keep up the good work!

dragonfly

HUP,
       Welcome to the Appleseed forum. Thanks for the kind words, you folks are why we do what we do. Look forward to seeing you  again soon.

D-fly  Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

Winchester Pete

Had a great time at my first real shooting event!  Instructers and Nicolet Club members and officers were fantastcis and very helpful.  I plan on doing another Appleseed next year with earning rifleman as my goal!

dragonfly

Hi Pete, welcome to the Appleseed forum.

Hope to see you soon.

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Rita

Thanks for the great history and the instruction. I am now not only a pistol shooter, but a Rifleman on my 1st attempt!!  Now my goal is to get a higher score at the next event. The instructors were THE best!