News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

September 15/16 Osage Beach, Mo.

Started by alkirer308, September 21, 2012, 06:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkirer308

This was my first Appleseed Event, I have been a Rifle Shooter for 40 years. I had a great time and scored 236 for my Rifleman's patch. Oren a friend of mine who went with me also got his Rifleman Patch with a 247. We both shot a Rifleman's score with an M1A and had fun with the Red Hat guy's ,JungleGeorge,longshot and Chris. A good reinforcement of history and why we need to get more folks involved. We had several young people, and had a Father and Daughter get their Rifleman Patch's  on Sunday. I didn't see an AAR for this shoot so I contacted Longshot , Who stated that he only does the IAAR ( instructors only) So I decided to post a message to let folks know that Appleseed is alive and well in Central Missouri. Find an Appleseed Event and get involved. Thanks Again to all who supported this event.   Ralph :---
"An Armed Society Is A Polite Society"
Stand Up For Your GOD Given Rights!

Ramblin' Wreck

WOW! Now THAT's some shootin'! Way to go Ralph. Sounds like we need to get you and Oren into some colored hats.  ;)

Glad to see you found an event and are spreading the Appleseed message. Hope to see you again soon if you come south or if I can get north.

Ramblinwreck

PS - you can post this under the AAR forum topic just like you did here. Cut and paste will save you typing.  ;D
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Jungle George

Here are pictures of those that made rifleman at Osage Beach shoot Sept 15 & 16.  Top picture Oren on the left Ralph on the right.  Second picture Katie on the left and father Skipper on the right.  Good shooting everyone you guys made our class easy to do.  Hope to see all of you again.

JG

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

alkirer308

Hi George

Thank You for posting the pictures. I really enjoyed the shoot and the break time discussions. I will see you guy's again as I plan to move up to at least a Red Hat. Hoorah Cav.. Well Can't Forget 11 Bang Bang...  Ralph
"An Armed Society Is A Polite Society"
Stand Up For Your GOD Given Rights!

Savage300

Thanks Jungle George for posting the pictures from the September 15th an 16th shoot! We had a great weekend, it was good to get the chance to brush up on some good history, and shooting! Thanks to the instructors, Jungle George, Long Shot, Chris and everyone else that volunteered their time and efforts to make this project possible!     
                                                                                         Keep shootin!   :~
                                                                                           Oren
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.             Ronald Reagan

Jungle George

It was good meeting you guys and we hope to see you back at Osage.

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778