News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gordon WI September 15-16, 2012

Started by Taylor, September 17, 2012, 12:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

We were privileged to instruct a small but very talented group at our third Appleseed at the picturesque North Woods Rifle Range near Gordon, Wisconsin.

New Rifleman Mario a first time Appleseeder scored a 225. Jeremy and Matthew shot in the 200s, Laura had several AQTs in the 190s and Dean improved his best score to 187 from his best of 162 at Superior in July. Great work everyone. ^:)^ ^:)^ I expect to be awarding more Rifleman patches among this group next time we meet at Mason and/or Spooner because I know you are all coming back along with some friends.

We also ran several KD AQTs and although no one earned the KD Rifleman distinction the shooters resolve to do so in the future was apparent.

Thank you to my fellow instructors crash and boscohurn for another fantastic performance.  :bow: :bow:

Lots of pictures following...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics #2...
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics #3...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics #4...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Pics #5...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

Taylor

Final pics...

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

Looks like attendance at Gordon has gone up 500% over the last two years!!!

Huzza!

It is a great little range in Eastern MN.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

EricTheRed

Congrats to Mario for his outstanding 225, and to Jeremy and Matthew, keep it up you are doing incredible. Looks like a great group.

Make sure you follow us on Twitter @WIAppleSeed for all the updated news and shoots coming your way

RustyRed

Privateer

Many thanks with deepest gratitude for the persistance of boscohurn ~~:), crash &) & Taylor O0 in the developement of another DOM's Rifleman's skill and determination to learn more of the way of the Patriots.  I cannot say enough good about yawl............
Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor timid spirits that know niether victory nor defeat..... Teddy R.  Rough Riders

Liberty or Death,  There is NO try...... Patrick Henry Yoda

"An excellent example of what not to do"........  Positive Reinforcement by a Shoot Boss to an IIT....

"Every man dies, but not every man lives".......

crash

was a great weekend, and yes a 500% increase!! Thanks to all the students for being fantastic and persistant!  I look forward to seeing you all again soon!  O0 >:D
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

boscohurn

Contrary to how it may appear, I don't actually enjoy being someone's Dedicated Pain in the Butt.....but sometimes it pays off    >:D.  In the end, you folks did all the shooting. 
Fine students, weather, range....just an overall fine weekend.

Taylor

Quote from: Privateer on September 18, 2012, 02:19:14 AM
Many thanks with deepest gratitude for the persistance of boscohurn ~~:), crash &) & Taylor O0 in the developement of another DOM's Rifleman's skill and determination to learn more of the way of the Patriots.  I cannot say enough good about yawl............

Welcome to the forum Privateer.  O0

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison