News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Full-Distance ranges in your state?

Started by ItsanSKS, September 12, 2012, 09:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

To all Appleseeders:

Trying to pull together the current Appleseed venues that offer distances in excess of 300 yards.  If your state has one, please respond to this thread with the range name*, maximum distance available, and the number of shooters that it can accommodate at one time. 
*= Please list the range name as it appears on eventbrite

Thank you for your prompt attention,

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

dond

Puryear, TN, has a 600 yard range. I think it can accommodate 10 shooters.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

colycat

Jeez Eric,  If it wasnt you, it would be spam. ^-^

Racine, 600

Lodi, 1400

Chaseburg 400

This is off the top of my head.  I am sure there are more.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

TN_Dadx5

Manchester, TN, which is on the Arnold Air Force Base, goes out to 1000 yds.  You've been here Eric, don't you remember?  Labor Day 2011, rained cats & dogs all day, but I never had so much fun.  Backer delaminating and everything wet.  My USGI cotton sling has a permanent rust spot from the adjuster.

Thanks dond for catching my depth perception problem!
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

ItsanSKS

Oh yes, I remember that event (and the trip associated with it) quite well.  Recall that I failed to bring a spare set of boots, so had to buy a pair as me and PHenry drove away from the range. 

Need one final detail though-  how many shooters does that KD range hold?  I've entered a place-holder in my spreadsheet, but without the shooter capacity, it won't be complete...

-ItsanSKS

Quote from: TN_Dadx5 on September 17, 2012, 04:35:44 PM
Manchester, TN, which is on the Arnold Air Force Base, goes out to 1000 yds.  You've been here Eric, don't you remember?  Labor Day 2011, rained cats & dogs all day, but I never had so much fun.  Backer delaminating and everything wet.  My USGI cotton sling has a permanent rust spot from the adjuster.

Thanks dond for catching my depth perception problem!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

TN_Dadx5

We've always limited it to 26, there's 30 positions but I think some are broken.
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

tncolonel

Manchester, TN (Arnold AFB Rifle Ranges)  does have a Known Distance (KD) range out to 1,000 yards. 

To do a 1,000 yard shoot we have to close a public road and set up a detour - which requires a minimum of two (2) road guards. 

Our practical distance is 600 yards without closing the road.  We will do three (3) Instructor only one day KD shoots this year - two already done -- one on Monday Oct. 8 yet to do, what we have done this year is an AQT at 100, 200, 300 & 400 yards. We have half the shooters in the pits and half on the line, so while we have 26 active firing points we could possibly accommodate up to 52 participants.  A limiting factor is we are pretty well limited to Monday Federal Holidays as the range is already scheduled for CMP & NRA state and regional matches on Holiday weekends for 2013.  One other factor is that we will have too make a one time purcahse of up to 20 - 6x6 foot target backers to support a larger event - we currently have six backers.

We have three holiday Mondays reserved for next year following standard two day Appleseed's on our 25 yard covered General Purpose Range (we have eight Appleseed's scheduled on the GP Range in 2013 - including one in April that we expect to have 50-60 Revolutionary War Reinactors setting up camp and participating in the telling of the three strikes).

We could use those Appleseed KD dates next year for instructor and riflemen qualified shooters and put a clinic fee on those events for non-instructors.  I would not want to try and run a one day event with non-rifleman qualified shooters.

Claude Morse  --  TNColonel
Tennessee State Coordinator
Vice President - Arnold AFB Shooters Club
CMP - Master Instructor

BringMeSunshine

http://www.odellsshootingrange.com/

Just came across it.  Might be worth a call.

The site says 550 yards.

PS.  I know nothing else about it and am not involved and don't know the owner.  I recently located it and haven't managed to shoot there yet.