News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Full-Distance ranges in your state?

Started by ItsanSKS, September 12, 2012, 08:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

To all Appleseeders:

Trying to pull together the current Appleseed venues that offer distances in excess of 300 yards.  If your state has one, please respond to this thread with the range name*, maximum distance available, and the number of shooters that it can accommodate at one time. 
*= Please list the range name as it appears on eventbrite

Thank you for your prompt attention,

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

gibbs459

Alliance, NE Alliance Rifle Club is the only one we have had. 1000yds for 20 shooters. We have not been able to get another shoot set up for some time now. I think there is a club issue involved. I have been working on it.

Broken Bow, Ne Mid-Nebraska Rifle and Pistol Club would be next. They just moved their range. Once the bugs are worked out we may have range out to 500. Unknown # of shooters.

ItsanSKS

Thanks for the reply Gibbs-

If there is anything that would help secure either of these ranges for our use, don't be shy!

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Pitspitr

I should be able to get right at 1600 yds at one of mine.

gibbs459

Pitspitr does have a great place for KD. I am hoping to get an RBC set up there. He said its a go. We just need to come up with staff and get it on the schedule. It would be in the summer next year. I unfortunately cannot take a whole week for an RBC. We will have to import Instructors for this. NE is still way under staffed.

Pitspitr

Hey Gibbs I've been reading about the KD Day for instructors. Could we maybe pull one of those off at my place?

The small white rectangle in the center of the photo below is my target backer.  It is made of 4 4X8 sheets of plywood.

malabar

Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay FL.  NRA-certified 600-yard range with 20 positions.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

gibbs459

Quote from: Pitspitr on June 20, 2013, 02:33:55 PM
Hey Gibbs I've been reading about the KD Day for instructors. Could we maybe pull one of those off at my place?

Maybe November would be a good month for that. We have some new IIT's in the state and this would be a good way for all of us to get together in one place. I know a good KD lesson and some trigger time would be good for all of us.

To be honest, this is the first I have heard of Instructor KD day. I dont get much time to do much reading in the forum, I'm a little behind the loop. Sounds like a good idea!

Pitspitr

:cool2: Well, I guess I just got to find me one of them host application forms ::)

Mike Nollett

I shot known distance earlier this month in Wyoming. It was challenging to say the least, especially in 30-45mph wind.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough

Pitspitr

Quote from: gibbs459 on June 25, 2013, 11:12:50 PM
Quote from: Pitspitr on June 20, 2013, 02:33:55 PM

Maybe November would be a good month for that. We have some new IIT's in the state and this would be a good way for all of us to get together in one place. I know a good KD lesson and some trigger time would be good for all of us.

To be honest, this is the first I have heard of Instructor KD day. I dont get much time to do much reading in the forum, I'm a little behind the loop. Sounds like a good idea!
I e-mailed a host application yesterday.

scuzzy

I e-mailed a host application yesterday.

Where did you mail the host app to? If you need help getting a range on the schedule give me a PM.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Pitspitr

Thanks Scuzzy
I e-mailed it to my SC, Gibbs459

gibbs459

We need a date! Just shows November. What will work best for you?

Pitspitr

Well, NOT the 4th weekend of June next year, but just about any other time. Not to mention that I'm told that was the form to use to set up a DAR. Summer months work best for me but a fall date would be good too.

gibbs459

How about the instructor KD Day on Nov 9th? Sound good?

I am going to try to set up a Rifleman Boot Camp next summer at your place too. Need to find staff for it.

Pitspitr

Mike Nollett

A Rifleman Boot Camp here in Nebraska would be way cool! I might be up for something like that.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough