News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Full-Distance ranges in your state?

Started by ItsanSKS, September 12, 2012, 08:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

To all Appleseeders:

Trying to pull together the current Appleseed venues that offer distances in excess of 300 yards.  If your state has one, please respond to this thread with the range name*, maximum distance available, and the number of shooters that it can accommodate at one time. 
*= Please list the range name as it appears on eventbrite

Thank you for your prompt attention,

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Unbridled Liberty

Zero in Kentucky...but I'm working on one.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

ItsanSKS

Please update this thread or send me a PM when it's done.  (note I said when, not if)  I got faith in ya!

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

dond

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

ItsanSKS

QuoteBoaz, KY goes out to 300 yards.

and how many shooters can it hold, at full distance?  Do we already hold events there?

dond

I'm not sure about the number of shooters Boaz can hold on the 300 yard range. At least 5 and possibly 10. We have held AS events there for several years and we do use the 300 yard range.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Unbridled Liberty

I'm sorry, I thought you only wanted ranges in excess of 300.  We do have a 300 yard range in Crittenden.  You have to shoot lying on top of a large concrete table.  There are 10 tables.  There is also a 300 yard range at Cave City with about 6 spots.  Wilmore also has a 300 yard range with about 12 lanes.  All three of these ranges are covered.

The only 500 yard range I am aware of is in Cannonsburg.  We had a shoot there in August but the club specified rimfire only at 25m.  The line is covered and will handle a good 24 shooters.  This range actually has the option of shooting to 600 from an elevated position 100 yards behind the covered line.  I am trying to get permission to shoot centerfire out to 500 next year.   There are berms at 200,300,400 and 500, so no pits.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms