News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bald Knob, AR AAR

Started by hornet41, September 10, 2012, 02:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet41

Another great 'seed in Bald Knob!! Friday night a line of very strong storms swept through the area. Thunder sounded like an rapid cannon fire!!! Wind, rain, lightening, thunder ect.!! Scarey to say the least. However, Saturday dawned clear and cool. The range was wet but not muddy and dried fairly quickly.
19 eager shooters showed up to learn marksmanship and hear the events of April 19, 1775! More than half had attended Appleseed previously. Most notable was the Carpenter family. All of which did well!! I was thrilled with the first Red Coat. Although no one cleaned it, there where holes in almost every 'coat!!
Eric had a new Ruger take down rifle and had trouble with the rear sight getting loose!! Frustration for sure! Libby and Kat where machines on their rifles! The Carpenter girls had Ruger's with std. stock sights. I think those sights kept them from doing better. I probably got their Dad in trouble by suggesting they needed to have those rifles equipped with tech sights!!
Their were two small boys, Aaron and Hunter who shot off of bags closely supervised by Dad and Uncle. They had a good time and did well considering.
Although we had no Rifleman on Saturday every one was showing progress. Sunday during the "grind" three Rifleman emerged, Chris scored a 224 and Kevin scored a 212!!!! Kat re-qualified with a 217 shooting a bolt action!!! A great time was had by all.
I had a great crew to work with: Blue Hats, Dorothy and Ken, Orange Hats, John, Nathan, Clay, Patrick and Jennifer. All performed to standards and beyond.
Special thanks to V.E.T.'s for hosting the event.
Our duty photographer, Clay will have his wife Tiffany post pictures to this AAR.
hornet41 AKA 'Mo

Mother Cobbler

Thank you so much hornet41 for a great shoot, I can say I am so glad to have spent this AS working with you and look forward to more AS.
You are a great teacher.
Mother Cobbler

Quinncannon

This was a really good Appleseed, students were enthusiastic and eager to learn! I was also glad to see repeat students like the Carpenters  and a couple of others there and new students as well!

Thanks Hornet41 for running a tight ship!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

SigEp7182003

Thank y'all so much for halls help. Hated to miss this event.  Hope everyone had fun and learned a bit.
Officer
Jason Moore

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later the fellow who wins is the fellow who thinks he can.

CarpenterClan

Thanks Appleseed, hornet41, Quinncannon, and all the other Orange & Blue hats and V.E.T.S. Shooting Center for all your time and hard work.   We had  a great  time and learned a lot - Two days well spent.  Of course, we knew it would be , because this was our second Appleseed . It was nice to meet new people at this one , too. Thanks hornet41 and Quinncanon for letting us borrow rifles.
We hope to attend  another one and score Rifleman (Riflewomen  ;))  We will persist......     
  Congratulations to Chris, Kevin, and Kat, who scored Rifleman this time !    We are looking forward to seeing Clay's pictures.                               The CarpenterClan
"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

Quinncannon

The Carpenter Clan, you were all a pleasure to train and visit with, I look forward to seeing ya'll again!
"This we"ll defend"

Crichton

Sorry for the delay folks. It's seems that my camera has had some problems so I didn't get all the photos up. but here are some of what I do have. Once again I am glad for the big turn out. Happy too see the everyone gave 110%. Hope to have a winterseed in the works soon. an maybe another shoot before too long.

Quinncannon

Thanks for the pictures....you don't have that group phot do you?
"This we"ll defend"

Crichton

The camera has that photo blacked out I am going to try an work on it sometime this weekend. That photo was the ones I wanted to post.

CrazyCatamount

Thanks to Mo and all of the orange hats for keeping order while providing a fun experience.  My son had a great time and learned a lot from everyone.  This is a great program and I hope it grows!  The Carpenter family was a delight to be around and i really hope they all get rifleman at the next Appleseed.

Big thanks to the range for hosting this event.  I am looking into getting a 308 To shoot a little farther and this will be where I go to practice.

Thanks Again
Kevin and John