News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dashboard for Suamico Sept. 22-23 2012

Started by dragonfly, September 04, 2012, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Status and Task List for:

Suamico, WI September 22-23 2012

Event Information

Date:  Sept. 22-23
Shoot Boss: dragonfly
Instructors/IITs:  ballisticattitudechange, Maverickar6
Pre-Registrations: 1116
Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28839.0
Pre-Registration Page: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3354205519

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

Host contacted
  Present to club's Board of Directors
Event scheduled with Host
  Host Application signed and submitted
  EIP information submitted
    Shoot Boss:dragonfly
    Red Hats :
    Orange Hats:ballisticattitudechange, Maverickar6
    Management of target backers and shoot supplies:
    Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

1) Flyer distribution:  We need to list all the possible locations we can, folks lack imagination
  a) Gun/Sports Shops
  b) Gun shows
  c) Grocery Stores and Wal-marts
  d)  Community Centers:  VFW, American Legions, Mason Halls, Church, work,
  e) Barber shops
  f) Local colleges, universities.  Be sure to look for shooting programs on campus, they can be good partners in this effort!
  g) Auto dealers, motorcycle dealers, surfboard dealers (gotta think of Ca.)
  h) Assisted Living communities-Retirement homes
  I) Fire Stations, Police Stations, Union halls, Volunteer fire departments, trade centers
  j)  Non-sponsoring gun clubs- Normally pistol/shotgun only ranges, sometimes indoors.
  k)  Book stores/magazine racks.  Slide them inside gun magazines, as "inserts", be smart about it.
  l)  All Military instillations, Guard base, Armory, Regular base, USO
  m) Auto parts and Farm supply stores
  n) BLM, DNR, Fish and Wildlife offices
  o) Local fitness/wellness programs and centers. YMCA, YWCA, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Gold's Gym, etc.

2)  Internet tools
  a) Other forums shootersforum.com
  b) Community Calendars for surrounding towns/cities
  c) GOA Event announcements--Other Press Release sites (free service)
  f)  Send announcements to your friends/family in your address book, ask them to forward it to their address book.

3)  Other organizations within the state, send announcements.
  a)  State Shooter's associations
  b)  State gun rights political groups:  Conceal carry, 2A groups, Campaign for Liberty, Democrats/Republican (must do both or neither)
  c)  Boy Scouts:  Local troops
  d)  4H:  Local chapters.
  e)  DAR/SAR chapters
  f)  Four Wheeler groups, mud/ridge runner groups

4)  Coordination with host club/range
  a)  ensure they have plenty of flyers and they are hung up
  b)  ensure they have event posted on their website/calendar
  c)  ensure they have put event in club News letter
  d)  "advertise" at club for help with local promotions for this event, to get others to help distribute flyers in the community

5)  Other
  a)  Thrifty Nickle ads
  b) Eventbrite invites
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

Jeff Davies
Project Appleseed
608-370-1747
WI@appleseedinfo.org

FOR IMMEDIATE  RELEASE

Project Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic Offered at Nicolet Rifle club Suamico WI September 22-23. Registration begins at 8am, the clinic will continue until 5:00pm both days.

Participants are taught fundamental rifle marksmanship skills that allow a Rifleman to be accurate out to 500 yards, with iron sights, rack grade rifle, G.I sling and surplus ammo. Most of the instruction at a Project Appleseed event is conducted on the firing range at 25 meters, at reduced size targets to simulate 100 to 400 yards. Students will learn safe gun handling, fundamental rifle marksmanship skills, and Revolutionary War history.

Appleseed is an activity of The Revolutionary War Veterans Association and dedicated to teaching every American our shared heritage and history as well as traditional rifle marksmanship skills. Find out how Marksmanship saved the day on April 19 1775.

Fulfill your CMP requirements at Appleseed and be eligible to purchase WWII era rifles directly from the Civilian Marksmanship Program at  discounted rates.

Marksmanship Clinic fees: $70, $10 registration fee for women, $5.00 reg. fee  for youth under 21,  active military free with ID, LEO, and elected officials also free. Fees subject to change.

To register online go to: appleseedinfo.org
For more info email WI@appleseedinfo.org
http://www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed
Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic will be held at:
2710 St. Pat's Road,
Suamico, WI 54173
                               ###

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Quote from: dragonfly on September 04, 2012, 05:44:10 PM
Jeff Davies
Project Appleseed
608-370-1747
WI@appleseedinfo.org

FOR IMMEDIATE  RELEASE

Project Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic Offered at Nicolet Rifle club Suamico WI September 22-23. Registration begins at 8am, the clinic will continue until 5:00pm both days.

Appleseed is an activity of The Revolutionary War Veterans Association and dedicated to teaching every American our shared heritage and history as well as traditional rifle marksmanship skills. Find out how Marksmanship saved the day on April 19 1775.

Participants are taught fundamental rifle marksmanship skills that allow a Rifleman to be accurate out to 500 yards, with iron sights, rack grade rifle, G.I sling and surplus ammo. Most of the instruction at a Project Appleseed event is conducted on the firing range at 25 meters, at reduced size targets to simulate 100 to 400 yards. Students will learn safe gun handling, fundamental rifle marksmanship skills, and Revolutionary War history.

Fulfill your CMP requirements at Appleseed and be eligible to purchase WWII era rifles directly from the Civilian Marksmanship Program at  discounted rates.

Marksmanship Clinic fees: $70 for adult men; $10 registration fee for women; $5.00 reg. fee  for youth under 21;  active military free with ID, LEO, and elected officials also free. Plus a $5 range fee per event.
2710 St. Pat's Road,
Suamico, WI 54173
                               ###

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Quote from: dragonfly on September 04, 2012, 09:14:38 PM
Quote from: dragonfly on September 04, 2012, 05:44:10 PM
Jeff Davies
Project Appleseed
608-370-1747
WI@appleseedinfo.org

FOR IMMEDIATE  RELEASE

Marksmanship Clinic fees: $70 for adult men; $10 registration fee for women; $5.00 reg. fee  for youth under 21;  active military free with ID, LEO, and elected officials also free. Plus a $5 range fee per event for non Nicolet Rifle club members.

Nicolet Rifle club INC.
2710 St. Pat's Road,
Suamico, WI 54173
                               ###

K.I.S.S.

fepowered

Jeff Davies
Project Appleseed
608-370-1747
WI@appleseedinfo.org

FOR IMMEDIATE  RELEASE

Marksmanship Clinic fees: $70 for adult men; $10 registration fee for women; $5.00 reg. fee  for youth under 21;  active military free with ID, LEO, and elected officials also free. Plus a $5 range fee per event for non Nicolet Rifle club members.

Nicolet Rifle club INC.
2710 St. Pat's Road,
Suamico, WI 54173

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

BugginOut

Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

fepowered

"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

BugginOut

Nope, I stole the flier part and didn't proof read it.
-Fred

dragonfly

Quote from: BugginOut on September 09, 2012, 06:46:25 PM

Where is the flyer that we are talking about? This is the press release to the press, not an event flyer, and I don't feel the need to list one day pricing or walk on fees.

I don't see a link for a flyer on the EIP for this shoot. BugginOut could you please create a flyer for this event that we can print and distribute.

Thanks,
D

K.I.S.S.

Trisha

Quote from: dragonfly on September 10, 2012, 01:28:27 PM

Where is the flyer that we are talking about? This is the press release to the press, not an event flyer, and I don't feel the need to list one day pricing or walk on fees.

I don't see a link for a flyer on the EIP for this shoot. BugginOut could you please create a flyer for this event that we can print and distribute.

Thanks,
D

Dfly look at reply number 5, he attached the flyer there.

dragonfly

OK, thanks. Still needs to be event specific, most businesses will only allow one date, one event to post. Not a calendar of events.
D

Quote from: Trisha on September 10, 2012, 08:51:13 PM
Quote from: dragonfly on September 10, 2012, 01:28:27 PM

Thanks,
D

Dfly look at reply number 5, he attached the flyer there.

K.I.S.S.

BugginOut

Here is a single date flyer.
-Fred

dragonfly

K.I.S.S.