News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Promotion - Freinds of NRA Banquets

Started by mountaingoat1980, September 02, 2012, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountaingoat1980

Hey guys,

I was thinking of ways to promote Appleseed & there is an annual Freinds of NRA banquet in April that is quite popular.  I think this would be a great way to promote the program if we had some representation there.   Has anyone ever looked into this before?   Lots of gun nuts all in the same room together would be a great time to get the message out!

Charles McKinley

I have done two in Western Pennsylvania.  The NRA caotact person has been very supportive.  I have met a lot of people from it.

Take a note book with you to write down contact information and wimember step 6: Follow  through.

The last step will determine the effectiveness.  It feels like hitting your head against a wall some times but it is what works.

Good Luck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

ItsanSKS

Looking at their schedule, there is an upcoming Friends of the NRA banquet in Anchorage, October 13th:
https://www.friendsofnra.org/EventDetails.aspx?eid=9267&sid=2

I will plan on being there to speak about Appleseed, and to introduce ourselves to the other grassroots volunteers in Alaska. 

Those of you who would like to attend with me, please contact me in advance, so that we can coordinate our efforts. 
The price for admission is $75/person. 
There are also raffle packages available, starting at $100

I will contact Marie Murdock to get some more details and flesh this out a bit.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

BeSwift

I've attended and promoted AS at our local event in the past and will be doing it again this year. Maybe donate something as give-aways, or to the silent action.. it's a win-win.... Great way to get our name out there... BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Charles McKinley

I strongly suggest something for the silent auction over a give away.  If in the auction the person that buys it is more likely to come over someone who just wins a certificate.

YMMV but this is what I have experienced.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery