News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

waiting on membership card to RWVA....

Started by jelling, August 28, 2012, 10:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelling

I paid the extra $20 to join the RWVA a few weeks ago at a shoot in Decorah.  I am participating in a couple more Appleseed shoots next month and I'll need a membership card to be allowed to shoot without paying again.  Who do I need to contact?

technoronin

I paid online and it took close to a month for my card to arrive, and when it did it was only a one year card when I paid for a five year membership.  I'm still waiting to hear an answer back.

Lots of volunteers and an organization that is growing, be as patient as you can manage.

Cooper

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

loves2hunt59

Thank Cooper.  If this doesn't resolve let me know and I'll rattle the AppleTree.

JeepDave

I ordered my membership card after my first shoot on August 18th and haven't heard a thing. I found a contact on the website asking for more info regarding this and heard nothing.

I want to sign up for the next shoot before it sells out(6 spots left) and don't want to pay the whole $70 again. what can I do?

Cooper

Quote from: JeepDave on September 07, 2012, 03:18:14 AM
I ordered my membership card after my first shoot on August 18th and haven't heard a thing. I found a contact on the website asking for more info regarding this and heard nothing.

I want to sign up for the next shoot before it sells out(6 spots left) and don't want to pay the whole $70 again. what can I do?

I'd recommend PMing Bob210
I'll send him a copy of this post.

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

Cooper

Quote from: jelling on August 28, 2012, 10:10:47 PM
I paid the extra $20 to join the RWVA a few weeks ago at a shoot in Decorah.  I am participating in a couple more Appleseed shoots next month and I'll need a membership card to be allowed to shoot without paying again.  Who do I need to contact?

Has this been resolved yet?
Coop

scuzzy

Quote from: jelling on August 28, 2012, 10:10:47 PM

Go ahead and sign up. Check the FREE for LEO/MIL deal so you don't have to pay. Then PM me and let me know what shoot/date it is. I'll contact the Shoot Boss to make sure he knows the deal. Post back here too.

Email sent to both jelling and JeepDave.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

RustyRed

Hi,
I would love to help if I had names and addresses,I can look them up see if they were sent to me,sometimes things get mixed up with eventbrite and me!
Thank you
RustyRed

Nero

Quote from: Cooper on September 07, 2012, 10:24:42 AM

Cooper

I'm the relevant shoot boss.  Bob 210 and I are working on it.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

TruTenacity

Quote from: Nero on September 07, 2012, 01:09:59 PM
Quote from: Cooper on September 07, 2012, 10:24:42 AM

Cooper

I'm the relevant shoot boss.  Bob 210 and I are working on it.

Being one of the few volunteers that attempts to keep up with the 100s of emails a week, this is how I answer anyone that has already paid to attend one event, has purchased a membership, and wishes to sign up for an event free that hasn't received their membership card.

"Please pre-register under the free Active Military, ... etc. category.  Bring your RWVA membership receipt to the event.  When you sign in the folks will be able to fill out a membership card for you and place the Rifleman Opportunity sticker on the back.  You'll then be able to continue to attend events free until your membership expires or you shoot a rifleman's score of 210 or better ... whichever comes first."

Hope this helps.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

scuzzy

Quote from: TruTenacity on September 07, 2012, 02:08:23 PM

Being one of the few volunteers that attempts to keep up with the 100s of emails a week, this is how I answer anyone that has already paid to attend one event, has purchased a membership, and wishes to sign up for an event free that hasn't received their membership card.

"Please pre-register under the free Active Military, ... etc. category.  Bring your RWVA membership receipt to the event.  When you sign in the folks will be able to fill out a membership card for you and place the Rifleman Opportunity sticker on the back.  You'll then be able to continue to attend events free until your membership expires or you shoot a rifleman's score of 210 or better ... whichever comes first."

Hope this helps.

Thanks for taking care of the behind the scene types of things most Instructors don't even know about. I just wanted to point this out and say thanks. This org doesn't take care of itself. There are volunteers like you, SavageShootr, RifleWoman doing things other than shoots and putting in buku time. Hmm, seems a big percentage of those taking care of business are Women.

Herding cats might be easier.

Again, THANKS!!!!

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.