News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IMPORTANT: Instructors needed in KY this weekend (Sept 1-2)

Started by Unbridled Liberty, August 27, 2012, 07:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

Hey Kentucky cadre, your assistance is needed at the shoot Sept 1-2 at Bluegrass Sportsman's League in Wilmore.  Border raiders are also very welcome. 

Currently we have 26 pre-regs with space for 24 more.  We have 4 instructors on the schedule and I'd like more.  BGSL wants to have a 2:1 student:instructor ratio.  I have discussed this with them and explained that ratio is not realistic, so they plan to "supplement" our instructors with their own NRA-certified range officers.  No way around that, but I'd like the Appleseed instructors to outnumber the range personnel if possible.

I fully expect this shoot to sell out.  The range is just 1/2 hour south of Lexington, one of the two major metropolitan areas in Kentucky, and a virtually untapped market.  The only shoot we have ever had there was in 2008, so this shoot is a BIG deal.  This facility is beautiful and is perhaps the nicest sportsmans club in the entire state.  They will be letting us use two ranges; the 25 meter range on Sat. & Sunday, and the 300 yard rifle range on Sunday afternoon for some real KD.

BTW, Mudcat will be SB, so you know this will be an outstanding shoot to instruct at!  After much effort, I convinced the local talk radio DJ to come out and bring his wife.  He invited me onto his show this Wed. to talk about the project.  If I can refrain from saying anything stupid, I hope that will be enough to give us the remaining 24 shooters to put us over the top and fill the line.  I'm also trying my best to get TV and newspaper coverage for the weekend.

This shoot and this range is simply too important to not have a large AS instructor turnout.  So come on Rifleman, do you want to be part of a great opportunity?  I urge you to PM Instructor Scheduling and sign up ASAP.  Thanks in advance for answering the call.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Edheler

UL, I wish I could make it but I have a prior commitment! Go, Go Kentucky! :---

yellowhousejake

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Unbridled Liberty

Thanks Jake and Ratchett for posting on your state boards.  Thanks Andre and Boadicea for stepping up.  More please!

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Magloader

Hey Kevin,  my family tried to arrange for me to make it, but I am unable to. I am so sorry, but I will keep ya'll in my thoughts. Hope it goes well! I understand this is a biggie shoot.....
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6