News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Record setting day for Long Range Rifles at Perry_ Any Appleseed attendees?

Started by Castle Mountain, August 27, 2012, 02:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

Record setting day for Long Range Rifles at Perry
   Competitors break NRA Long Range High Power records.

Did Appleseed;s Jamie Franks attend I wonder or any other instructor? Surely we have someone that attended?

http://www.nrablog.com/post/2012/08/13/New-records-set-in-NRA-Long-Range-High-Power-Rifle-matches-in-Camp-Perry-Ohio.aspx

It is notable how Swiss society has long surpassed America as being a nation of riflemen. A tremendous must read for Appleseed instructors
is: TARGET SWITZERLAND (thanks to Massad Ayoob for referring this wonderful book to me) might help set the compass needle for
the goals of this program in a positive way.  How ironic that the Swiss regarded America as their sister Republic and that Patrick Henry had such high regard
for the Swiss and how much the Swiss impacted the writing  and language of our nation's precious founding documents which are today largely ignored.

This book can teach America much : http://www.amazon.com/Target-Switzerland-Swiss-Armed-Neutrality/dp/1885119534 and who knows might be a cause for inspiration of what is possible.

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

jrturbo

I was not at the NRA Long Range High Power matches, however, I was at Perry for CMP week.  I was able to meet several Appleseeders.  West, Cadence, Micki, B-Swift... just to name a few.  I am sure that there were others, but I can't remember all of them because I have slept since then..... 

Anyway I did Okay.  finished 23 in the M16 EIC match for the non-distinguished  shooters GOT ME SOME LEG POINTS!! (28th overall), about the middle of the pack in the Presidents 100,  82nd in the Vintage Sniper Match, Brought home a Silver in the M1 Carbine match, and Silver in the 1903 Springfield bolt match. Found out that my barrel is shot out in the Garand match. Couldn't call a shot to save my life.   

I am still tired......
Tribuo mihi licentia vel tribuo mihi nex.
If Appleseed is not about making a difference in this country, starting at the local level, then we are nothing more than a distraction that will lead to the loss of our inheritance.