News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bristol Wi, 8/25-26 2012

Started by Trig, August 26, 2012, 02:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

14 (for Saturday, with 16 Sunday) AMERICANS gathered at Bristol range with nothing more than permission from the land owners.  We used our RIGHTS (secured by our Bill of rights) to learn about our country's foundation and how we, through our action (or inaction...) can influence its future.  We also learned that through perseverance we can overcome obstacles of inconvenience and being out of our comfort zone to boldly advance on our journey to being riflemen.    Thank you to all the shooters who persevered through the elements of  Saturday's heat  and Sunday's downpour. Thank you to all the instructors who gave up there weekend to help make our country more aware of the sacrifices made to give us what we have.

Brotherly love by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Family time by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

All American family time by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Andrew and Joe II by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Jamie taking aim by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Swiss family rifleman! by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

colycat

Thanks Nick for getting this AAR on the Appleseed map.

Everything that got wet today has gone thru the dryer,  except the rifles would not fit.

I had a great weekend with the best America has to offer.  Although at times it seems like a lot of work to get ready and the drive at dark o' clock on Saturday morning is always thought provoking as to "what the heck am I doing",  at the end of Saturday,  I am glad I came.

I think on Saturday we had 14 Americans who came to better them selves in marksmanship and I hope by Saturday eve, they also felt a little more proud to be an AMERICAN.

WOW,  we as a people have really done the most amazing things in this whole world.  This is the only country in the history of the planet,  that was formed on Love and Sacrifice.  And after we did that......well, the list is too long....  but never for gain, ONLY FOR LIBERTY!!!!!!!

As we all talked about,  Now is the time to get back to Our foundations,  to restore the Republic in the image it was founded on.  I am thinking that I really like this Appleseed.  Hoah!  Shooting and Americanism!

Sunday, all the Americans returned and we picked up a few,  one even from CA!!!  Despite the weather forecast of rain all day, which was acurate, we all had and great day.  I say this by all the smiles that I saw.

Thank you to the Bristol range, (BCCK) thanks you to the instructors who did all the work, and most of all, thank you to the students( rifleman, all ) who gave up their weekend to join us.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

All the great shoots going on in WI this weekend, I gotta find a way to clone myself, wish I could have been there. Sounds like good times  O0
D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

R1SGx2

Quote16 AMERICANS gathered at Bristol range with nothing more than permission from the land owners

SWEET

Good work by all....
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

bigslice

Thanks to all the instructors (janir, colycat, old glory, triggernick, al...hopefully I didn't miss anyone) for a great weekend of instruction and history.
It was good to see familiar faces again, and to meet some new folks.   Cora is much, much closer to rifleman and cannot wait to have at it in another
session.  The boys also came a long way - though I missed Saturday, I could see there was an improvement as compared to what I've seen in the
past with them out on the ranges.  And this is all thanks to you guys! 

Some pics to follow...

miner49r

Through the heat, rain,  we endeavored to become patriots. 16 attendees including three family groups in attendance. This was a fun and safe Appleseed with everyone showing improvement.

Colycat and Janir. It was great seeing you again.
Old Glory, Trigger Nick and Pheonix Man. Well met.
I look forward to crossing paths with you all again soon.

Freedom:
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.
Noah Webster

"When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, it's always the patriots who first hear the call."
Charlton Heston

mark97se

Thank you to all of the instructors for giving their weekend and share their knowledge and dedication!

We all really enjoyed the Appleseed shoot and want to thank you for all of your dedication in making it such a great experience.  Becky said that she needed a kleenex for the history parts b/c it made her cry to think about all the people who never knew how important the things they were doing were when they sacrificed what they did.   Old Glory's history lesson was very touching  - she really highlighted how the simple acting of giving everything, in every way possible is the sort of sacrificing that was made on our behalf by those Americans who bought our freedom with those offerings.
"He is lost only who gives himself up for lost"

R1SGx2

Quote14 for Saturday, with 16 Sunday
Nice, even better was the families... Very nice job.

Bristol Range looks like a very nice place to shoot - ok maybe when it's not raining, love the umbrella shot over the shooter.

QuoteAs we all talked about,  Now is the time to get back to Our foundations,  to restore the Republic in the image it was founded on.
We need all the help we can get,,,

Quoteshe needed a kleenex for the history parts
The truth prevails...,,,

QuoteI am thinking that I really like this Appleseed
Let me see a show of hands anyone else???

Shooters - thank you for staying the course in the rain, nice work. Remember to "dry" fire.

Instructors- Fine Job,,,
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

23rd March 1775

Here are some photos from this weekend in Bristol.  Thank you again to the instructors for giving your time! The 5 junior shooters all managed to keep a smile, even with the rain.

(post modified by ItsanSKS to fix image links- NICE PICS!)

Trig

welcome to the forum 3/23!

your pictures aren't showing up for me  :P.

Maybe this could be of some assistance!

How to post pictures:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23641.0.
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

23rd March 1775

Yes, I followed the directions from there on how to post photos.  It would not allow me to attach them, or link to them on Flickr and click "insert image" once I pasted my hyperlink. 

Here is a link to one on Flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/54881343@N04/7881644534/  Maybe it will work?

miner49r

I really like the Glasses photo.
Freedom:
Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of people are armed and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States.
Noah Webster

"When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, it's always the patriots who first hear the call."
Charlton Heston

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Saturday after lunch

Luther Blanchard awards,  hey they are still having fun after a day in the rain!

bigslice

Hopefully this works...

bigslice

photo group 2 of 3

bigslice

Photos 3 of 3

Trig

Thanks for posting all the photos!! What a great weekend, thanks again to all that came out!
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

23rd March 1775

Thank you guys for the help getting the photos to show up!

MaverickAR6

Looks like an awesome shoot!  Good job everyone!
"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill

Tank Girl

I'll be back for the shoot in Oct. to get my Rifleman patch  ;)

colycat

TG, You shouldn't have a very hard time with that.  Dry fire a little in the meantime and keep those 6 steps in mind during you practice.  A 207 is right there O0

EricTheRed

looks like another great event. looks like a great place to shoot.