News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Suamico, WI AAR August 25-26, 2012

Started by MaverickAR6, August 26, 2012, 08:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaverickAR6

Saturday is in the books.

We had a great day under clear sunny skies (but very hot/humid!) with an awesome group of 16 patriots in northeast Wisconsin.  Our host range was the Nicolet Rifle Club in Suamico, WI which is located just outside of Green Bay.

A lot of first time and junior shooters and everyone had great teachable attitudes and improved their shooting as the day baked on!  We had two first time Appleseed attending Rifleman and several shooters knocking on the door in the high 180-200.  Everyone is anxious to get back and into the AQTs again Sunday!

Jeff, our highest scoring Rifleman, produced a very, very impressive 249... 1/32" better and he would of had a perfect 250!  Randall, our second Rifleman of the day, started out having some very frustrating equipment troubles... but came storming back with a loaner rifle to post his 218 score.  Now there's an example of a Rifleman's persistence!  We saw the same determined persistence in several of our lady shooters, too.  Great job gals!  Keep that attitude up and we'll be adding your name to the Rifleman list soon!

Special thanks to the Nicolet Rifle Club for hosting another fine event in their wonderful facilities.  More tomorrow!

16 fine, determined patriots.  Two of them soon to join the ranks of Rifleman...

"Third strike of the match" and patches awarded under the welcomed relief of cool shade trees!

Group photo!

Rifleman Jeff with a very impressive 249!  Easiest AQT scoring I've ever done!

Rifleman Randall with a 218.  Way to bounce back.  You showed a fine example of persistence!

Seven youth shooters, seven fine young patriots that made the choice to come to an Appleseed and learn about our heritage and marksmanship!  Great job guys!

Sunday's weather forecast looks to be a little wet, but we'll all hunker down and go at it again!

Until tomorrow night... keep your powder dry!
"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill

colycat

Great start to the AAR!!!!

But, there are way too many pictures with Dragonfly,  just kidding.  And BTW,  is D-fly standing in a hole when he is giving a Luther Blanchard patch to someone? **) **) **)  Man, he has to be  a Greenbay Packer soon. O0

Good turn out at a range that has been difficult to fill and I hope the rain today did not damper the event too much.

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Wow what a great weekend. Thanks to the 16 great Americans that shared it with us. Congrats to all the new Rifleman.
And coly, D-fly is not standing in a hole thats Capt. Karl's 14 year old son Drake whom reconfirmed his Rifleman score with a 232  :~

Well done All  O0 O0 O0

See you on the trail.
D-fly   Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Reckless Rick

wow what a great first day!who would think that 16 shooters would show....I wonder how they heard about project Appleseed.
Look,Listen and support...not always the easiest

R1SGx2

Nice shoot,

QuoteJeff, our highest scoring Rifleman, produced a very, very impressive 249
Jeff, at least MaverickAR6 didn't say your high was only a 249,,, Very nice work.... ^:)^ ^:)^

Some very nice shooting, pictures and range look great.

Good job by all....

"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Johnnyappleseed

Guy in the red hat is D-fly?
had him mixed up with a hollywood movie star  :)

Nice event folks -the founders are proud  O0
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

MaverickAR6

Sorry for the delay... back with more pics from Sunday!

The day started out with a steady downpour from about 7:30 on.  Eight shooters had originally signed up for Sunday.  Despite the gloomy weather,  5 hardy American Patriots braved the downpour and arrived early.  Shooting is not allowed till 9:00 so we patiently waited in the range clubhouse and reviewed the events of the previous day, answered questions, etc.  By 9:30-9:45 the rain had slowed a little, but still coming down steady. Shooters were getting restless and it was decided to set up canopies and get started, soggy targets or not!

Within 45-minutes of setting up the rains slowed to a drizzle and eventually stopped.  Shooters in drizzle prep.

Shooters Drake (L) and Josh (R).  One would re-qualify today... the other would become a Rifleman!

Shooters Cynthia (L) and Randall (R).  Randall made Rifleman on Saturday with a 218.  He shot a 219 and and several low 200s on Sunday!  Cynthia produced a high of 132 on Saturday and persisted with a determination Sunday that would of made the women of July 19, 1775 proud!  Despite sore fingers (from working a very stiff 10/22 bolt release), bruises everywhere, and some nasty sling bites on her upper arm... Cynthia came so close to making Rifleman she could smell the patch.  By the end of Sunday she had scored several high 190s, (2) 200s, and a high of 202.  Hang in there Cynthia!

Rain has stopped!

When it came time to shoot the TV target, SB Dragonfly evened up the teams to 3 apiece.  Despite Dfly and his M24 .308 carbine making really big holes in the target... the kids (Drew, Drake & Josh) kicked butt (Dfly, Cynthia & Randall).  The rest of us old guys knew better than to step into that trap.  Sorry Dfly... **)  (Note: In Dfly's defense, he hadn't zeroed the new scope yet)

Dangerous Old Men history stories are always a favorite and stir up good discussions!

14 year old Rifleman Drake re-qualifies Sunday with an impressive 232!  Proud dad Capt. Karl presents the patch.  Great job, Drake!

Another 14 year old, Josh, makes Rifleman with a very nice 220 using his 4th different rifle.  Josh endured equipment issues, ammo shortages...even loose scopes, but never gave up.  Great job, Josh!  After the shoot, Josh was hooked up with the Nicolet Rifle Club and will now be in the youth shooters program there.

All-in-all it was a fantastic shoot with 1/4 of the original 16 shooters either making Rifleman or re-qualifying as Rifleman.  Several more like Dan (202), Mathias (198 as a designated sniper) and Cynthia (202) came very close.  Keep persisting and practicing and you'll get there.  More importantly... everyone became much closer to their American Patriot heritage.  Can't wait for the next shoot.

- MaverickAR6 (Mike)

"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill

Capt. Karl

What was really GREAT about this Suamico Appleseed was that everybody came with a learning attitude and an American patriotic heart of the Free and The Brave. 

They loved listening to D-Fly's April 19th, 1775 battle stories of our farmers, blacksmiths, Doctors, laborers and businessmen, who had the courage to fight our own usurping, tyrannical, over taxing, despotic world super power empire government, so that their fellow countrymen and Posterity, you and me, would have the opportunity to live in the ether of freedom.  Our freedom which is protected by the rule of our Constitutional law, not men; our "Supreme law of the land" which, according to The Preamble of The Constitution, was ordained and established by We The People, on the government that We instituted "to secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity". 

My heart beats an extra tick when I listen to these stories of our great neighbors of our American Heritage and beats another extra when I see my fellow countrymen "centered up" listening so intently as to what we Americans had to do for the holy cause of liberty.

Every shooter really listened well and worked hard at the "six steps of firing a shot" and asked very specific questions.  Randell, who became a Rifleman, was especially attentive and asked very pertinent questions which led to his success.

And, of course, I as a father, was proud to see my tiny little 14 year old son Drake, the one with the red bandana in the picture above receiving a patch from D-fly (standing in the hole), receiving his golden (2nd) Rifleman patch, who is also in the other picture above with me proudly presenting him with the patch. 

Last Father's Day weekend, at Suamico Appleseed, my 35 year old son Jason and Drake earned their first Rifleman.  Bummer,  I'm running out of cooks fast!  I'm afraid to invite my daughter Traci (28) to another Appleseed because with her and Drew (12) making high level sharpshooter already, that will be the end of my cooks for camp.  Oh, wait, , ,  Traci's got a boy friend, Ha Ha!

God Bless all you Patriots!  And, May He Save our/His American States!

Capt. Karl
As for me;  Give me LIBERTY or give me Death!  - - Capt. Karl