News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Medical Lake, Wa Aug 25-26

Started by Rizzin, August 27, 2012, 03:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizzin

I want to thank everybody that came out to make my first event as the official shoot boss the success it turned out to be.     ^:)^

Appleseed has worked hard to earn a good reputation with as many ranges as we can, it has worked in spades with the Lone Pine Range in Medical Lake. When we got there the following sign was waiting for us.

Saturday went well, a little heat and a lot of sun but had 17 people on the line and by the end of the day we had 1 new Riflemen and 1 repeat riflemen.
Congratulations to Eric and Bob W.2. After we gave Eric his Riflemen's patch we were able to park him underneath an Orange Hat.    ..:..

On Sunday we got off to an early start with all but one shooter returning from Saturday and we got 1 new shooter come in and in spite of slightly less sun but more heat we had 2 more new Riflemen (Well done to Dane and Emily) and another repeat (Bob W.3). The 2 Bob's and Emily then proceeded to crank out riflemen score after riflemen score after riflemen score it was fantastic.  O0

Rumor has it that Western Rose took enough pictures that even an elephant is likely to groan under the weight of them all so I leave it up to her to post some of them for you.

R1SGx2

Shoot reads very nice, Thank you Jack Dolan,,,... :bow:

Now the rest of the story:
QuoteRumor has it that Western Rose took enough pictures
Hmmmmm

Nice job Rizzin and crew,
and to all the shooters:   O0 O0
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

TruTenacity

WA's new Orange Hat, Eric, (Pro Liberate), loaned Western Rose his camera for the weekend.  He'll be sending her the file soon, however, Eric posted a few pictures on the Northwest Region Project Appleseed FB page.  I'm re-posting them here as a teaser to the rest of the story show.

Lone Pine Range

Our very gracious range owner, Jack Dolan. A heck of a nice guy.

Jack asked for an RWVA/Appleseed sticker.  He wanted to display it on a facility window alongside the other organizations he supports.  How could we refuse?  Thanks, Jack!

Reformed Redneck presents Lone Pine Range owner, Jack, with an RWVA "challenge coin".  Jack gave RR a copy of the Lone Pine Range's schedule for next year.  He wants RR to fill in some of the empty slots with Appleseed events for 2013.

Dane, Eric's brother, attended his first AS event and joined the rank of Rifleman.

Randy, Eric's Dad, isn't too far behind.  Nice standing position.  He's planning on attending the CdA event in a couple weeks.

Emily, a regular Annie Oakley!

Oh yeah!  Emily joins ranks with her Dad and Brother who became Rifleman at the April event in CdA.  Proud Dad awards Emily with a "Shoot Like a Girl if You Can" cap.  One more sibling to go, but Heather's last year of college might delay her being able to attend an event in the near future.

A man of many talents, Jeremiah juggles musket balls during down-time.

There's going to be plenty more to post.  Patience, patience.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

albacore

Reformed Redneck

I received a message from one of the shooters at this event asking if anyone ended up with a Leatherman tool in a black nylon case that doesn't belong to them. If you all would look through your gear and be sure it didn't accidentally end up in there, he would appreciate it. If it shows up, contact me directly and we'll get it back to him somehow.

RR
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."