News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Illinois Appleseed Related Events!!!!

Started by Garand69, June 28, 2008, 11:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

Ok Illinois, it's me again....

In order to give Illinois a totally unfair advantage over the rest of the States, we must comminicate well!

Here is the place to post your Appleseed Related Event!!

What do I mean by "Related"? Well it is simple.

Appleseed Shoots
Mini-Appleseed Shoots
Pro-Gun Rallies (great place to get the word out)
Face to Face meetings, regarding promotions, range aquisition/new hosts, shoot planning, etc

Anyway, you get the idea

The only rules are simple

#1, The event is in Illinois or directly relates to Illinois
#2, The event is Related to Appleseed (as noted above)
#3, The event is already planned
#4, Please give contact information for those who may be interested

Thank you for your Cooperation

G69
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

Currently Scheduled Appleseed Shoots

For Registration information http://www.eventbrite.com/org/28719640?s=442480

July 4-6, 2008, Ottawa IL    Success! 25+ Shooters 8 Rifleman!

August 30-Sept 1, Chillicothe IL 3-Day  Success 40+ Shooters 9 Rifleman!

September 6-7, Ottawa IL Success 30+ Shooters 4 Rifleman!

September 27-28th, Ottawa IL
[/s]

Currently Scheduled Mini-Appleseeds

Follow this link and contact TheEditor http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=2963.0

July 13, Buffalo Range Inc, Ottawa    Success! 14 shooters 205 high score!

July 17, Danville Rifle and Pistol Club   Success! 10 Shooters, from age 9 and up!!!

July 31, Danville Rifle and Pistol Club

August 21, Danville Rifle and Pistol Club

Sept 21, Ottawa

Pro-Gun Rallies
Find more info here http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3091.0

July 11th, 2008, 11am-1pm

Where?
James R. Thompson Center
100 W. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60601
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

TheEditor

This week!  Thursday, 5 PM, Danville Rifle and Pistol Club, only a few miles from the Indiana border.  I hope to see some Indiana folks, as well as several from East Central Illinois and members of the Danville range. 

Danville is nearly on the border.  Oakwood exit from I 74 is 6 miles west of Danville.  Exit at Oakwood, go 5 miles north and 1/2 mile west to the range. 

Be ready to go at 5; I will. 

The Editor

John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

snakeman67

The ISRA has posted flyers pertaining to the Concealed carry referendum scheduled for at leas 14 IL counties this Nov. Please go to www.ISRA.org to print these flyers and distribute/ write your editor/local politicians etc. to get a positive outlook on "your right to carry" in Illinois. I am new to the Appleseed forum. if I have overstepped my boundry by posting this I apologize. But the post did say "gun rally" was OK to comment on. And this is a HUGE deal when it comes to restoring the 2A in IL. 8)
"The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing"

colycat

Did not know where to post this.  Cam and Company just said there are now 82 counties in IL that have signed on to the 2 amendment resolution.  I believe this says that Springfield can pass all the gun laws they want, but, but We are not going to enforce them.  Is this correct Garand?

CC
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

The Guy

Staties will most likely, but will the local DA prosecute, now that is the question.

Just us lower 98% of the land mass giving king dick dailey and his corupt piggies the old F-U.

Just say no to anymore Illinois(ucks) gun controll, and YES to Illinois Appleseed!

snakeman67

Quote from: colycat on October 16, 2008, 10:45:58 PM
Did not know where to post this.  Cam and Company just said there are now 82 counties in IL that have signed on to the 2 amendment resolution.  I believe this says that Springfield can pass all the gun laws they want, but, but We are not going to enforce them.  Is this correct Garand?

CC
if you go to www.pro2aresolution.com the wording/petition itself is there for your reading and downloading pleasure. basically it says that we the people are asking that before passing any new gun control laws, make sure they will pass Constitutional muster. But they can and will (I am sure) pass whatever draconian anti freedom anti gun laws that they wish.
"The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing"

Garand69

The following is a very important lobby day for IL. Besides the obvious push for concealed carry in IL, this is an excellent oppurtunity to introduce Appleseed to active gun owners in the State of Illinois.

ISRA is proud to sponsor
Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day for 2009

http://igold.isra.org/

All Illinois gun owners are invited to join in Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day (IGOLD) in Springfield in 2009.  This is an annual event where everyone goes to lobby` their representatives in the Illinois House and Senate. The ISRA is partnering with local and internet organizations in Illinois to increase attendance and make a bigger & better impression in Springfield.  The other participating organizations are Illinois Carry and Champaign County Rifle Assoc. Get your local organization involved as well!

We will meet at the Prairie Capitol Convention Center - Doors open at 11:00 with the program set to begin at 12:00 noon. We will have a legislative briefing, then we will all march to the Capitol Building to locate and talk with our representatives. A reception is scheduled for 4-6 p.m. back at the Prairie Capitol Convention Center. We are urging all participants to stay until the end of the reception. This is a very important part of the day, as the state's legislators have been invited to attend.

Please join us for Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day, you won't regret going.

When & Where: Begins Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 12:00pm

Starting Location:

11:00 am - Prairie Capitol Convention Center - Doors open - View Map
                                      Located at the corner of 8th St & Adams.
12:00 pm - Prairie Capitol Convention Center - Legislative Briefing
  1:30 pm (approx.) - Head out to lobby Senators and Representatives,
                                      respectfully make our presence known in
                                      committee hearings that are in session
  4:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Reception in the Prairie Capitol Convention Center.

Parking: Several parking garages are located near the Convention Center.
Metered on-street parking is available in the area.
The meters accept quarters for up to a 9 hour period.
More parking locations and a printable map available soon. 

Better Travel:

Bus Info
  Forget the hassle of parking near the Capitol!  IGOLD will have buses going to Springfield from strategic locations throughout Illinois. Ride the bus, ride with your friends.   

These gun rights organizations are sponsoring the buses to offset your cost: ISRA, CCRA/GSL, and PK Firearms of Shelbyville.

Click here for information on the bus routes.  Need more info now, or want to sponsor a bus? Contact the ISRA Office!  On-line sign up will be available for most buses.
Take the Train! Amtrak has trains to and from Springfield and selected cities in Illinois along a line from Chicago to St. Louis.  More info here.

Apparel: Wear whatever you'd feel comfortable in while you are meeting your representatives, and don't forget you'll also be representing the rest of your fellow Illinois gun owners.  Business casual is suggested, dress up if you want.  We suggest that you don't wear any camo. [I suggest Appleseed Shirts/hats, etc]

Security: There are metal detectors in the Capitol Building that you will have to pass through on your way in, so please think ahead for this: no knives, novelty ammo keyfobs, etc.  Bring proper identification.
Who: You, of course! ...and bring a friend.

Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz