News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lansing, MI August 18 & 19 2012

Started by MadHatter, August 18, 2012, 11:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadHatter

Day 1 was great!!  ;D  I had a blast instructing everyone, especially since there were soooo many teachable attitudes. I saw some great groups today and hope to see even more of them shrink tomorrow ~~:) The weather was GREAT today! Even if it was a little warm ;)
Just remember everyone...

:pics: hahahahaha  **) I've always wanted to post that! ^:)^

~Mad Hatter :)
"Glove up!" Wizard
"Those who stand for nothing fall for everything." Alexander Hamilton

D.O.M.

An amazing Applseed weekend at CASL. A marvelous club, and possibly the best kept secret in Lansing!
The history! Oh, the history! Amazing to hear such moving stories, told by wonderful people!

Thanks, Madhatter for your extra help with your new friend, BlackBeauty!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Toobeauku

Just finished the AS at CASL. I served as IIT0, Club President Host, and part time Kitchen overseer. I am one tired puppy let me tell you. What a fantastic event we had!!  ^:)^ 

The weather was so fantastic for shooting. The shooters were ready to learn and worked hard to get better all weekend. We had some real troopers too. Gordon and Chris who finally made Rifleman on the last AQT of the day, and got a solid soaking for thier efforts  ..:..

I really enjoyed the passion the Instructors put into their history this weekend. I found myself choking up during some of the stories and frankly had to wipe away a tear a couple of times. Such heartfelt commitment to a cause is exuded by this organization.  :bow:

I think we can truly say that we had an impact on these students this weekend. I look forward to the next AS at CASL and many more riflemen joining the ranks.   :cool2:

NRA Benefactor Member   NRA Personal Protection Pistol Instructor,  NRA RSO
CMP Master Vintage Rifle Instructor
HIGH POWER... get some... and put your AppleSeed training to work for you.

When do we get to shoot the BIG RIFLE?

The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -- Samuel Adams
The above statement works for Communists too who seek to brainwash the masses, just an FYI....  Are you Bailing?

Danger

Had a great time in Lansing last weekend.  Met some new instructors as well as some great shooters.    A big thanks to Grindstone for polishing up my prone position.  I finally was able to shoot Rifleman and got a free hat for my efforts.  I look forward to helping other people shoot better and spreading the word about our heritage.

I was so glad to see Chris and Gordon get their patch.  Chris was super impressive shooting left-handed with a right-handed bolt action.  Those timed sections must have been brutal.  I'll have to try to take on an AQT with a bolt action sometime.

Another great event Superheat.

-Jake
Call me by my middle name

mac66

Congratulations Jake/Danger. I knew you were going to shoot rifleman. Thanks for stepping up as well. Look forward to working with you on the Appleseed trail.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

R1SGx2

QuoteCongratulations Jake/Danger. I knew you were going to shoot rifleman.
QuoteThanks for stepping
Sweet,  nice work...,,, Thank you,,,

Very nice pictures,

Good job by all....
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Superheat

There is some great hospitality in Lansing.  We had a wonderful time.  Some of the highlights were:  Lauren just kept going. She got burned and burned and just kept going.  We built a barrier that helped in prone but those persistent .22 shells kept finding her.  She really got it bad in standing.  Well we just had to move her to the left side and after a short while she started shooting again.  With persistence like that it won't be long and she will be wearing a rifleman patch.  O0

Alley cat was shooting great with #6 rifle.  I think a few more AQT's and she will be there too.  I haven't given out two purple patches in one event... Hmmmm that would be cool.

John kept working Frankengun and had some great groups.  Keep it up.

Fly Boy did a wonderful job with muzzle control.  It won't be long and he will be one of the youngest in Mich to get a patch.

Congratulations to Gordon and Chris on their 210's on the last AQT!  Both watered accordingly.

Also, Congrats to Jake aka Danger for shooting rifleman and stepping up to help out.  That dry-firing paid off.

Thank you to CASL for the hospitality.  We all enjoyed the burgers, bratts and hot dogs.
I can't wait to come back.

Grindstone

Great shoot everybody!

How about some more pictures?

Brother_COM

Great pics and shoot guys!

Brother_COM

Superheat

Can't wait to go back to Lansing.

Brother_COM

Looks like a GREAT shoot guys!
Keep up the good work!

D.O.M.

:)

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Brother_COM

Who took the photos? They are GREAT!