News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka City,FL AUG,25-26,2012AAR

Started by Sly223, August 29, 2012, 10:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

We had fantastic weather all the nay sayers were telling us we would be shut down due to extream weather!
I assured everyone that God shows Favor for Apple seeders. He did.
I will post a lot more later, just want to get this out there and get it up and started! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

alkeford

This was a great weekend even with the threat of a Hurricane bearing down on us. The Boy scouts did a tremendous job operating in a safe manner,My hat is off to you guys. Cam was our youngest scout and our DS (Designated Sniper).He handled his Rifle like a Seasoned operator. Here the pics as    I took
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

stoneknives

Great Shoot Sunday breezy, minimal lite rain, almost cool, you should of been there.

After disappointing all the RO's with the fact that I did not bring my funny and beautiful daughter to the shoot. I now fully understand that my main duty at a 'seed is to be the transportation for said daughter, Carolina. BTW guys, I completely understand. If you compare me ( 53 Grumpy Balding Fat ) to her ( 15 Tall Athletic Long Hair and Funny ) a definite no brainer. It's like expecting Prime Rib Dinner and getting half a bologna sandwich with a flat can of diet Tab.

Learned a lot of little tricks that will make me a better shooter. We had a great instruction period properly learning "ball and dummy drill", a very useful tool I will use with my kid's and grand-kids to punch up their shooting skills.
I didn't get my patch this week and my best was only a 195 but I was happy and surprised with a 190 on the fast AQT. The good score pointed out to me by one of the Red Hats, "was probably 'cause the round speed. I didn't have time to engage my brain", a tool that I am ill equipped to use.

On the personal side the Fast AQT my new Remington 597 ACC gave me 3 stove pipe jams leaving me with 4 rounds unshot. No excuses though, if the shooter (me) had done his job the remaining 4 round should have been just iceing on the cake. I expect the Remington will do better as I get some rounds through her (have less than 1k now). It's sister 597's that I own don't start to show that bad habit till around 400 when soaked, and about 800-900 dry with my usual std velocity ammo.

Anyway I was a great day shootin' and talking with a bunch of dedicated, patriotic folks. And all you need get out and shoot a 'seed.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry