News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

discounted shooting mats wanted

Started by jelling, August 18, 2012, 04:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelling

a couple of weeks ago I saw a post listing mates for about 1/2 price.  the 100$ ones were about 50$.  anyone remenber where that was from? :wb:

slim

MidwayUSA. They have a sale every other month or so. Keep an eye out. You'll find their $100 mats for $50 (they're a bit bigger/wider) and the $50 mats for $25.

Personally, I use military foam sleeping mats. They're available locally at the surplus store and the guys there save the "bad ones" (missing a tie strap or have a cigarette burn in them) for me and give them away at $.99 each. Can't beat that! Plus, they're good to use as comb builders. Just cut a piece off the end and duct tape it to the stock.

I shot recently at Camp Atterbury JMTC with a bunch of Riflemen who know well what they're about and I don't think I saw a single mat. By far, the best thing to use is a shooting jacket. Mats are nice, but they're not very portable.

Barbie

... and in the sun they get super hot... more than once I've tossed a mat to the side and opted for the grass... much cooler on those elbows
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

JOEMORGAN

We use  rectangular area rugs(thin) you can pick up at the big box stores. Use a tarp underneath towards the trigger side...helps with brass cleanup and in a "mud" shoot  you won't foul your mat as bad(past experience).
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863