News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

looking for Slings, quick detach swivels

Started by jelling, August 17, 2012, 04:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelling

looking for a good place to buy the 1 1/4 GI web slings and 1 1/4" quick detach swivels.

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

ITB

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

hinermad

I bought studs and quick detach swivels at Dick's Sporting Goods. They cost more than they do online, but if you're in a hurry it beats waiting for the mailman.

Dave

TruTenacity

"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

didactic

I just got a handful of cotton web slings from Charley's, no problems.

http://www.charleyssurplus.com/m1_garand_web_sling?keyword=sling
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

JOEMORGAN

Walmart will put Uncle Mike's Quick detaches on clearance from time to time. Purchased some twice at two different stores. I've brought black GI slings from DPMS Panther Arms on clearance in the past. Visit the online vendors metioned above and get on their Email notification lists.
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

hinermad

When all else fails there's eBay. I just bought a set of 3 cotton M1 slings for $33 plus shipping. The same person sells singles too. They're not official government issue but they have the right hardware.

Dave

Pete!

-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

morrisnk

Quote from: Pete! on August 18, 2012, 06:47:06 PM
Tech-Sights has the slings on their accessories page: http://www.tech-sights.com/access.htm

Wow, that's great!  I didn't know anyone was making those 1" wide.  Just ordered some.

Kosciusko

gander mountain carries Uncle mikes 1.25 swivels $10/pair

Edheler