News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Let's Take The Ball And Run Illinois!!!

Started by Garand69, June 27, 2008, 04:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

Hello Fellow Illinoisans!

Boy do we have a lot of work to do in this State. If there ever was a State that needed the "Soft War" going full speed, 24/7, it's Illinois! Yesterday's SCOTUS Ruling will, no doubt, be a tremendous help to the Citizen's of Illinois, but we still have major battles ahead of us, so don't count your chickens before they hatch!

You are here, so I am going to assume you know what we need to save this State, and if we can save this State, we should have no problems saving our Nation! The Gun Grabbers just lost possession of the ball at the 50yd line, are we going to jump up and down cheering until the Gun Grabbers steal the ball? Or are we going to grab the ball and run! The best way we can do that is fill up the firing line at every Appleseed Shoot in Illinois. If we can manage to do that, we will be so far ahead of the game, we will win it!

The best way to do that is for you to attempt to make every Appleseed Shoot held in Illinois this year. Of course, you will bring a friend. It is way more fun saving a State with friends after all. And of course you will try to bring a different friend each time, after all the first friend is going to the next Shoot because he is already hooked on Appleseed right? We need to introduce as many people to this concept as possible in order for it to continue to grow at the 2X pace that Fred has asked us to run at.

That pace is very achievable, but in the State of Illinois, you may have to think outside of the box. Recruiting Appleseeders from Appleseeders is fine, but you are preaching to the choir, you need to get out of your immediate "Gun Circle" and break new ground. What about those Nieces and Nephews who never have had the opportunity to go shooting? How about that co-worker or your Family Physician? It is not that difficult to hand someone a flyer at the Tire Shop while your getting your tires changed is it? For you shy types, how about just pass the word via flyers? A few at the doctor's office waiting room, a couple in the sporting goods dept, of your local store. Be creative!!!!!

I know, I know, you're too busy. We are all busy!!!!! I have a ton of things on my plate, work, the Family (wife +4 kids 1 ½-12), volunteer work with disabled Veterans, presiding over a Shooting Sports Club, etc etc. But that is beside the point, when I was asked to help, I was honored to lend a hand or throw out a few ideas and I am very honored to be in the position of State Coordinator! Thankfully, Illinois has a great "core group" that was here long before I was, and they have a knack for getting things done. Illinois Patriots like The Editor, Treadcarefull, and The Guy among others, really have busted their butts making sure that Illinois Appleseeds happened in the first place and they continue to take things up a notch, insuring Illinois will have a stake in saving our Country!

Lets make everyone's job a little easier by helping where we can help. Do you have a range in Illinois where we can host an Appleseed? Are you a member of a Fraternal or Veteran's Organization, which may have members who are interested? A lot of these groups have or may have had at one time, a "Sportsman's Club" within the Club so to speak, so ask around, you may be surprised. 

Right now we have the following shoots that need our undivided attention to insure sell-out events.

July 4-6, 2008, Ottawa IL
August 30-31, Chillicothe IL
September 6-7, Ottawa IL

If you can help in any way shape or form, please send me a PM

Thank You

Garand69
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

deolexrex

I'll be bringing my own squad to Chilli.  ;D
DeoLexRex

The history of Christianity is a series of victories, described and disguised as disasters. Beginning with the cross... -- Herb Titus

Iron at 500 - AQT Targets

TreadCarefully

I'll be SB for the 9/6-7 AS and I am getting my guys to help promote all of these events.

Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

Garand69

Thankyou Gentleman

Hopfully will will have even more interest in IL soon.
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

OddBall

Yeah IL. I have been telling all my coworkers about AS. I think that one of the gals is going to be coming to some of the mini's in Danville. Where can I get ahold of some flyers for the September AS in Ottawa
Hey Man, I'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Sheepdog

Here in preppy Naperville the park district has a trap shoot every Thursday night and Sunday afternoon (after 12:30). I'm going over there and pass out some flyers for the Illinois events. I printed off some of the 'busines card' mini flyers too so will hand them out as well.  I'll tell the shotgunners they will need a rifle :D

Let's get this party started!!!
Mike
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Garand69

Keep up the Great work folks!

The September Ottawa Flyer has been updated to reflect the new Women Shoot Free policy!

Don't forget Chilicothe in August!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz