News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman opportunity near Owensboro, KY

Started by Unbridled Liberty, August 13, 2012, 09:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

I have a Rifleman opportunity for instructors who live in the Owensboro area:

http://friendsofpioneervillage.org/index.php/main/

Patriot Days 2012!
Patriot Days is a celebration of the founding principles that made America the greatest nation on earth.  Our goal is get a pocket Constitution into the hands of every child in Daviess County.  This FREE event will take place on Saturday, Sept. 15th, 2012, from 10:00am until 8:00pm in Pioneer Village at Yellow Creek Park in Owensboro, Kentucky.

There will plenty of games and prizes for the kids.  We will also have living history exhibits including muzzle loaders, a blacksmith, a potter, a butter maker and basket weaver.  We hope that you can attend this free event.

Food will be available for purchase all day, including: hot dogs, hamburgers, roasted corn, lemonade and iced tea.  Handicap accessibility can be arranged by calling 689-2310 or the Daviess County Parks and Rec department with official tag.  Normal park restroom facilities will be available.

To make donations, please make checks payable to Patriot Days.  And mail them to:
Patriot Days
824 Bolivar St.
Owensboro, KY 42303
Thanks again and we hope to see you in September!

For more information, please send emails to:
admin@friendsofpioneervillage.org

I need someone to step up and 7th step this event in some capacity, either "officially" (printed program, table, booth, etc.) or just walk around with an Appleseed T shirt on handing out tri-folds all day.  Let me know what resources you need if any.  Thanks in advance.  Who's got this?

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

Not a single reply.  Should be a very receptive crowd.  Anybody?

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Barbie

I have to work that weekend, but it sounds like a great opportunity.  Hopefully some folks step up to the plate!
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.