News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bedford Picture (I really like this one!)

Started by techres, August 12, 2012, 07:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

Bedford really allows for the scenic and I am just getting skilled enough to where I can do something useful with it's pictures:

We need to get more high res stuff at every shoot possible...

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

tater

All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

hawkhavn

O0

Not quite Oleg's work, but you are getting in the neighborhood!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

colycat

I really like this one!

Our future

Our hope

Our posterity!!!!!!!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Orangedotfever

Yes, that is the future of this great country.

When I read the title, I was afraid it was gonna be another picture of SPQR.  ;D
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

AuntieBellum

Looking good, techres!  Are you able to do anymore cropping? The other person and the junk on the left are a little distracting.

Also, how does it look when you flip the picture on the vertical axis?  I would love to see the flag blowing the other direction.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

techres

I tried cropping but it felt claustrophobic, so I went back to the books and learned a new trick.  This should look better:

As a test for flipping, look at this picture wise, not word wise.  I can fix the words and all, but want to make sure it is really better enough to do the work:

My main concern is that it will make him a southpaw which people will focus on and detract from the message.

AuntieBellum

I'm not sure what kind of photoshop magic you did on the side, but it seems to have worked.  Much better.

As for flipping the image - I LOVE it now that the flag is going the correct direction.  But you have a point with the sling.  Hmmmm...what does everyone else think?
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Nero

Quote from: AuntieBellum on August 13, 2012, 12:10:42 PM
I'm not sure what kind of photoshop magic you did on the side, but it seems to have worked.  Much better.

As for flipping the image - I LOVE it now that the flag is going the correct direction.  But you have a point with the sling.  Hmmmm...what does everyone else think?

Cornfield stubble and grass clone pretty good, it seems.

Speaking as a lefty shooter, it's teh awesome! 
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

spitfire51

I like it much better with the flag blowing out towards the right.  As to the sling, I don't think that's something that non-appleseeders (and by "non-" I mean "future") will really notice, and if anyone asks what that thing hanging off his arm is, it's a great way to tell them about how awesome the sling is and how important it is to learn its use.  Also, what's wrong with southpaws?

And I might as well say this before SPQR does, this demonstrates another good reason for people to not have their slings attached to their arms all day long.  ;)
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

techres

The southpaws' wishes are my command.  I removed the backwards nike logo on the jacket to match:

Cooper

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

JSW

Thats my son!!! of course its awesome  thanks Techres.    JSW

techres

Quote from: JSW on August 13, 2012, 10:35:00 PM
Thats my son!!! of course its awesome  thanks Techres.    JSW

If you want a full sized copy let me know.  He made a great picture!