News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dashboard Menomonie, WI August 18-19

Started by Trisha, August 08, 2012, 02:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

Status and Task List for:

Menomonie, WI August 18-19

Event Information

Date:  August 18-19
Shoot Boss: Martin
Instructors/IITs:
Pre-Registrations: 4 6 8
Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27789.0
Pre-Registration Page: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3874679270

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

Host contacted
  Present to club's Board of Directors
  Event scheduled with Host
  Host Application signed and submitted
  EIP information submitted
    Shoot Boss : Martin
    Red Hats :
    Orange Hats:
    Management of target backers and shoot supplies:
    Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

Distribute Event Flyers at Menomonie Rifle & Pistol Club
    Distribute Event Flyers at Gander Mountain, and other gun stores
    Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
    Post event information at http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/forum/
    Post event information at AR15.com
    Post event information https://www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed
    Post event information: topix.com
    Post event information: craigslist.org
    Post event information in local newspapers:
    Post event information on local radio stations community calendars
    Send out eventbrite invitations
    Other promotional tasks?

BugginOut

I dropped fliers and trifolds off at Scheels, Gander Mountain, General Coin and Gun, and Greater Midwest Mercantile. Also, Advance Auto Parts.  Maybe it would be good to try and cover places unrelated to shooting.

Attached is the flier.
Plan A = saving the country.
-Fred

RustyRed

Yes you are right,putting out trifolds out at unrelateted shooting places, we try to put them out everywhere and anywhere!
I go even to garage sales and leave them with woman!

martin

Quote from: BugginOut on August 11, 2012, 08:30:07 PM
I dropped fliers and trifolds off at Scheels, Gander Mountain, General Coin and Gun, and Greater Midwest Mercantile. Also, Advance Auto Parts.  Maybe it would be good to try and cover places unrelated to shooting.

Attached is the flier.

NICE FLIER!!!!!!
Can you squish it to fit on 1 page?
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Last week we were released from Hayward due to low attendance so I took advantage of it and went over to Menomonie to check on things and do some promoting. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I realized the fliers I had sent to my 2 contacts there, had not posted them, so nobody knew about the upcoming shoot. This forced some adjustments.

We've started to recruit the RSO's to help promote Appleseed. Like alot of ranges, Menomonie has a pretty dedicated core of people that do most of the work. They are required to have RSO's on duty when the range is open. Next week will be a RSO reward weekend
and I'm hoping to get 3 or 4 from that group to attend.

Yesterday , we went to the Muzzleloader Youth Shoot they had and I think we got maybe 5 or 6 that will attend from that.

The moral of this story is, I have to visit these ranges more often to make sure our fliers are posted and people don't forget about us.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Also , can you add
                                Elmwood Wi  September 22-23
                                Mason     WI September  29-30

Might be a good idea to mark River Falls (sold out )
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

BugginOut

Quote from: martin on August 12, 2012, 10:35:30 AM
Quote from: BugginOut on August 11, 2012, 08:30:07 PM

Attached is the flier.

NICE FLIER!!!!!!
Can you squish it to fit on 1 page?

When I printed it, it was only one page.
-Fred

BugginOut

Updated the flyer, I removed River Falls to make room for the two additions.  I forgot that word can save to pdfs. so I added that.
-Fred

martin

Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

BugginOut

River Falls added back in marked as sold out.
-Fred