News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Il. National Hunting and Fishing Days Expo

Started by OutaAmmo, August 05, 2012, 03:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OutaAmmo

IL. National Hunting and Fishing days is Sept 22-23.

There are two Expo's at each end of the State.  The Northern IL. National Hunting and Fishing Expo is in Yorkville IL.

http://www.huntingandfishingdays.org/index.html

The Southern IL. National Hunting and Fishing Expo is in Carterville, IL. at the beautiful John at Logan College.

http://sihfd.org/

Attendance from both events run anywhere from 25,000 to 40,000 folks at each location.  I have personally run the booth the last two years at the Southern IL. National Hunting and Fishing expo.  Booth space is reasonable IMHO for the amount of people that come by your booth.  Unlike gun shows, these event are more family friendly with moms and dads dragging kids around and pushing strollers.  Lots of kid activities for the kids at the fishing pond, BB gun range, face painting, bowfishing range, etc.

I have attended both the Northern and Southern Illinois events.  I believe the Northern IL. Expo get a little more traffic.  I can tell you that this is a great opportunity for Appleseed to 7Th step.  I can also tell you that more than two people are needed do run a booth properly. It sure is sad when you are promoting Appleseed, talking to someone and folks are walking by because of not enough help.   Nobody has stepped up to run a booth at the Northern Expo.
If there where booths at both Expo's there is possibility that 40,000 to 80,000 like mined folks could learn about Appleseed.

I will not be able to attend the Southern Expo this year but can assist with ideas as  what to bring if anyone is interested in manning a booth. 

OutaAmmo

Patriot Gal

Thanks for the info. Dave.

CM and I will either be doing the shoot in Chillicothe that weekend or be up at Galena, presenting Appleseed to the board at a range up there......or both!!!

Anyone else think they can man a booth at either of these venues???  If so, we'll look into getting booths established.

Please respond asap.
Thanks,
PG
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

olefido

I could probably help one day or the other at Carterville. I don't live very far from there.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Karl

OutaAmmo, thank for posting this....I had no idea....I need to get on the forum more often. :slap:

With that said, I would be able to do Saturday Sept. 22nd at the Northern show in Yorkville. I have a commitment on Sunday that I shouldn't break.

I looked at the website and it appears that there are not too many vendors lined up for the show. We may be able to secure a table or space IF we have enough volunteers to man the booth or in this case booths for both end of the state.

Patriot Gal and CM are commited to the Chilicothe AS and cannot help. Olefido has offered a day for the Southern show. I can do Sat for the Northern show. That leaves 58 other Green/Red/Orange Hats to help with a little promotions work. (That's a lot of people) It would be great if we could have a volunteer rate better then the typical Illinois voter turn out which is 24%.

Please repsond if you can commit to either the Norhtern show or the Southern show. If we have enough volunteers that commit, I would say 3 minimum per day per site, we can pursue a spot at each show. The cost for the booth is $100.00 for an outdoor spot in the Northern Show and $50.00 for a spot in the Southern show.

The cut off to register for a booth is Aug 31st. That is not much time so I'm setting the deadline to volunteer is Aug 30th end of day. The number of commitments will determine if we try to secure a booth.

Remember everyone, Promotions is everyones responsibility and it's fun...or at least it's not painfull....

As always, I 'll bring the doughnuts.  :)

Karl

"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Karl

olefido

I am going down  to Carterville on Saturday and maybe Sunday.  I am planning on wearing my AS shirt, my new blue RWVA hat, and carrying some trifolds to hand out. Best I can do at this late date.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Karl

I'll be at the Yorkville event with trifolds in hand on Saturday....I'll try to do some 7th stepping while I'm down there.

Thanks,

Karl

olefido

Went to Carterville today with my AS T-shirt and blue hat. Might have made more of an impact if my shirt was in mossy oak or tree bark camo. :) Left a bunch of triflolds at the Illlinois State Rifle Assoc. table with Larry Morse. He is the club rep for the Egyptian Gun Club where we have our Appleseeds at Marion, IL.