News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Dunbarton, NH - July 28-29, 2012

Started by Ninsho, July 30, 2012, 08:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninsho

Pioneer Sportsmen in Dunbarton, NH really knows how to host an Appleseed.  This was their inaugural appleseed event, but hopefully the first of many.  I would like to thank Bill for helping coordinate this appleseed and personally working so hard to fill the line.

We had 16 shooters on Saturday and we couldn't have asked for a better group of people.  From the very beginning everyone had a great teachable attitude and a desire to learn.  Almost every one of these shooters was brand new to appleseed, but if I hadn't told you that you wouldn't have know.  When we started the day Saturday, one shooter, Suzanne knew all of the answers to the 'four questions' despite this being her first appleseed!

Overall we had three Rifleman: Chris, David, and Jeff.  Great work guys!  We also had plenty of shooters knocking on the door that I'm sure will make it to another appleseed to earn their patch.

Great work guys, thank you all for coming, and hopefully see all of you again soon!

NhLibertas

This was a great event, and an honor to be a part of.

Having a family of four on the line, and a family of three with a ten year old daughter that I had a chance to work with was a treat. Passing along a commitment to our heritage, and the skills of marksmanship, are some of the greatest gifts we can pass along to the next generation.

I hope to see most of the shooters again a couple weeks from now in Enfield!
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton

NhLibertas

We were fortunate to have W.M. Fish Photography donate their services for this event. Check out the excellent albums at this link!
http://billfish.smugmug.com/ProjectAppleseed
"Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. Liberty is a man-of-war, and we are all crew." ~ Kenneth W. Royce

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live, taking the form of readiness to die. - G.K. Chesterton