News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ridgecrest Appleseed Oct 25-26, 2008

Started by bob 210, June 24, 2008, 05:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob 210

OK folks, this is plenty of notice to get the word out and have a showing that is worthy of the Ridgecrest Gun Range! ;D Be sure to visit their website at www.rgra.org , we are on the front page! 8) The next Appleseed in Ridgecrest is to be held on the weekend of Oct 25-26, 2008, so let's get busy!  ;) Bring your family, bring your friends, bring your coworkers and share in your American Heritage.......Where marksmanship met history and the heritage began. Visit the info page at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=1542.0 for flyers that you can print out and hand out. Lets make this a great event, for CA, for America, for our Heritage!   8)  So, who is going to the Ridgecrest, CA Appleseed on May 3-4, 2008 and have you pre-reg'ed yet?   ;D ;D ;D This gives us an idea of how many instructors to have available to be able to properly cover the line, let alone get an accurate count of targets, t-shirts,hand-outs, etc. Make sure you reserve your place before it fills up!

Remember.....it costs $45 for one day and $70 for two days if you pre-reg and it now costs $50 for one day and $80 for two days if you

don't pre-reg.So who's going.....who has pre-regged

See ya there!!

Bob 210
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Francis Marion

This is such a gem of a rifle range... 600 yards under clear skies.  It's worth the drive from LA.  Anybody who's been there will say the same. 

JohnCBobcat

Quote from: Francis Marion on July 02, 2008, 03:07:36 AM
This is such a gem of a rifle range... 600 yards under clear skies.  It's worth the drive from LA.  Anybody who's been there will say the same. 

Heck, I'd even say it's worth the trip from Merced ;D

Now, if only I can con--I mean, persuade--some of my rifle-owning buddies to come with and help pay gas and travel expenses.....
2nd Squad, 1st Plt., E Co., 2/39 INF, 9th ID (reenacted), California Historical Group

AAAO!

SavageShootr

Quote from: JohnCBobcat on July 02, 2008, 03:14:11 AM

Heck, I'd even say it's worth the trip from Merced ;D

Now, if only I can con--I mean, persuade--some of my rifle-owning buddies to come with and help pay gas and travel expenses.....

If con-- I mean, persuade doesn't work, try challenging them.  ;D
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

colycat

bobcat,

take freds advice,  promise them anything! after the weekend, they wont WANT to collect.

colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: colycat on July 02, 2008, 09:09:47 PM
bobcat,

take freds advice,  promise them anything! after the weekend, they wont WANT to collect.

colycat

colycat,

How true!! After all, it worked on you.  ;D ;D

JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

socalserf

Absolutely right.
One FINE rifle range!
And one more thing to consider- Ammo that attracts a magnet is OK!
That's right bring your mil-surp rifle and ammo, and be preparred to wring them out
at loooooong range.
"we cannot improve what we do not measure."

colycat

colycat,

How true!! After all, it worked on you.  ;D ;D

JA

Yes it did work,  I promised my grown up kids to pay for the motel in MN.  I INTEND TO COLLECT!!!!!

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Francis Marion

Here's looking forward to Appleseed Weekend at RGRA.  Tom Wiknich was helpful to forward my invitation/information email to the RGRA membership.  We have nine preregistered as of yesterday. 
Come on out, Ridgecrest, for one of the most challenging, fun, and memorable shooting weekends ever. 
Weather is likely to be mild, mid-80's under crisp blue skies and sweet creosote breeze.   
I invited the local Army recruiter, too; he'll shoot for free, just like all active duty military.   
That goes for all you Navy personnel on the base, too; come on out with your military ID and shoot FOR FREE! 
Any questions?  Post them here.  See you all there!

Wade

Hey all

I'm from Washington and I'm here to Help. :o ::) ;D

Wade IIT

Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

LayloPro

You know, Wade....I read that twice....and it's -still- kinda scary....... :D :D :D :o

I'm going to be holding back a bit, may not even get out at all...(not that I don't want to, just a lot of instructors & IIT's already....I'd just be shooting... ;D), but I told KoolAid if he gets there, & Saturday is crowded, for him to call, & I'd be there.....(Cavalry in reserve, as it were....)

Still kinda torn on it.....shooting @ 600 with the .25-'06; or sitting here, cleaning a trunk load of rifles, & going thru prep on a tub of 308 brass......gee, what should I be responsible & get done??

*sigh*.....this is a cruel world....... :-\ :'(

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Wade

Arc you have a genourse whole weekend do all of the above.

I have a slow simi with trailer behind it and Im makeing it there.

;)

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !