News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The US Arms Trade Treaty

Started by Magloader, July 20, 2012, 05:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magloader

On July 27th, the nations of the world are scheduled to meet in New York to sign a global Arms Trade Treaty. Disguised as a way to prevent the proliferation of small arms throughout the world, it is, in fact, a backdoor way to legislate gun control in the United States and effectively repeal our Second Amendment.

http://dickmorris.rallycongress.com/7175/gun-control/

This is a link to a site where you can write a petition to your senators, asking them to not vote yes. Over 300,000 letters and emails have been sent in. I personally have already signed it. Who else is going to help me defend my Constitutional rights, including the right to bear arms?

In Liberty,
                                                                                   Magloader
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

brdholman

Did yesterday, but thanks for posting this I hope many others will also contact their reps.
Brad

colycat

I would suggest you contact your Senators directly.  I believe Dick Morris is a Clinton op.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Johnnyappleseed

Quote from: colycat on July 20, 2012, 08:12:43 PM
I would suggest you contact your Senators directly.  I believe Dick Morris is a Clinton op.

You are correct , in the past he was a clinton lackey.
However listeneing to him recently ,I believe he has evolved into an american patriot .
I would suggest you do both . I will even waste my time with 2 senators who have zero respect for US LAW or US citisens .

BTW Kentucky ^5 on Rand Paul  ;)

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Mudcat

Contacted both last week 2 times by phone and email.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Ratchett

Portman, Brown, and Rep. Johnson of Ohio got letters. Let's see how bad they want re-elected  ;)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Magloader

Just thought I would post a little follow up here....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/27/un-fails-to-reach-deal-on-global-arms-trade-treaty-as-us-asks-for-more-time/

Just goes to show you what happens when enough people do one little thing!!!

ML
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6