News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MA Appleseeders, check in!

Started by dwarven1, June 24, 2008, 02:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

OK, I know that Deval Patrick and Martha Marcia Coakley are doing their level best to quash the RKBA in MA, but there have to be more of us than Crak and I!

Come on, guys... show us that the spirit of Concord and Lexington aren't dead in MA!
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

Check your drama at the door.

jj-22

I'm here!

I went to the range the other day and found only one set of "Grey Coat" targets left in the range house!  I had another supply with me and restocked.  Almost all of the 1" squares were still there though.  Chickens!
I need to find one of those plastic holders you see at trade shows that hold spec sheets and such.  I just leave the targets on a table but I'd like to make it look a bit more presentable.

Martlet

I'm here.  I'm just laid up at the moment.  I think I talked the boss out of the wedding this weekend, so provided I'm on my feet I'll be available to help if needed.

Nickle

Martlet, bring a chair with you.  8)
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Recoil Junkie

Chris is here.

I still need to get another 10 points before I get my patch, but I can help.  (^_^)

Hopefully the patch will materialize come July 6 at the Athol shoot.  I think I just need someone to watch me and find that little habit I've got that is preventing me from nailing it.

Then again, I've been practicing, so maybe I've already nailed it.  The 1" squares in prone are almost perfect.  Sitting are not great.  I don't know how I'm ever going to get those squares standing.

Twiggman

Well, I finally made it. I've volunteered for instructor training as well. This should be interesting.  ;D

So exactly how do I formally sign up to assist at the Bennington & Proctor events ?
You can defend yourself with a pistol.
You can defend your home with a shotgun,
but you'll need a RIFLE to defend your liberty.

Nickle

Quote from: Twiggman on July 09, 2008, 05:09:51 PM
Well, I finally made it. I've volunteered for instructor training as well. This should be interesting.  ;D

Glad to see you made it, as an IIT at that. Another set of hands at the wheel. You WON'T regret it.

Start off here by checking the IIT areas and the Instructor Schedule.

PM me when you want to sign up, and make sure to include Fred and Junior Birdman in the PM. I run the Instructor Schedule, and they are my back up.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Kaos116

Hello everyone, I'm not sure how I first came across the Appleseed project. I spent most of the weekend reading as much as I can about it. Today I signed up. If I can get my act together, I am going to try and make Vermont in August.

MassMark

Checking in...Now to get to an Appleseed. I'm surprised how few we are in Massachusetts.

Nickle

Welcome aboard, Mark.

For those that don't know, Mark is trying to get us a range in Western Mass to have an Appleseed.

This should get some the folks that don't cross state lines into coming.

nrtz

Like Kaos116, I too am not sure how I first came across AS, but I've been reading and reading and reading for the past several weeks, and just can't seem to stop.  I can't wait to get to my first  AS or mini; I'm traveling around the northeast all the time (to and from the Cape), so hopefully that will be soon.  Until then it will just have to be IDPA and solitary personal practice, I guess.   I also need to work on refining my "what and why AS" explanation/pitch, before I start having to put it to real use.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

- nrtz

easyrhino

Hey everyone! So excited to get out and get involved. I'm planning on attending the Harvard MA Appleseed (my 1st), hopefully with my reluctant wife in tow. Started with NES recently and wanted to get more involved, so here I am. I gotta tell you, that it's very exciting to learn of things like the Appleseed these days. I've been a frustrated MA resident for far too long, biding my time with my few conservative friends and relatives and even fewer fellow firearm owners. Well, no more!

Little background on me. I'm a USAF vet. Been with the MA ANG since 1996 and been "in country" a couple times as an aircraft maintainer. Was a Life scout as a kid(always regretted not buckling down and making Eagle). Mayflower descendant whose ancestor signed the Declaration of Independence (Stephen A. Hopkins). And obviously a conservative with a serious concern for our country's current state and that of it's future.

Look forward to networking with all of you and hopefully meeting some of you in person. - RJ
"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain." Winston Churchill

maxdogk911

Hey guys, quess who??  Yeh, I found ya all. I want to learn, so where do I go? 

crak

I'm a bad guesser.  :(

But the place to go is Harvard in August!  Or we're working on Mansfield in Sept or Lee in Oct.

If you can't wait til then (I couldn't) check out Simsbury CT in July or the VT/NH shoots coming up.

TonyDedo

At long last, I'm an IIT!  I'm hoping to make it up to Jericho on Sunday, but regardless I'll be at Harvard on the 29th - looking forward to it!

dwarven1

Quote from: TonyDedo on August 05, 2009, 12:39:59 PM
At long last, I'm an IIT!  I'm hoping to make it up to Jericho on Sunday, but regardless I'll be at Harvard on the 29th - looking forward to it!
Glad to hear that, Tony! Especially since I'm the Shoot Boss.

I'll be sending out a shoot plan in a week or two.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

crak

BTW, we have enough that we're going to need two lines.

dwarven1

GEORGE WASHINGTON

TonyDedo

charliew

New here. Just checking in.

Charlie

KMM696

I'm in - I'm having an NES flashback in here!

Kevin
Kevin

Sprocket

noelephant

Hello from RI!

Happy Muster night!

luv2Bfree

"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

dwarven1

I'm back.

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

luv2Bfree

Hi - I'll be signed in @ 8 pm EST tomorrow.
"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ellar

Hi MA!

Brand new here!  Planning on attending my first appleseed in June.   Very excited about this group!!   Trying to get more women involved via the Second Amendment Sisters!     

By the way,  GOAL (Gun Owners Action League of MA) has filed a bill to completely reform the MA firearm laws; one of the big things it will do is change the law from  'may' issue state to a SHALL issue state removing the discretionary power from the chiefs (because they've abused it for far too long.)    The bill will simplify a whole lot of confusion and even provide support for law enforcement to actually go after the real criminals!    Please support this effort.  Go to www.goal.org to learn more and then contact your legislators and request they support the bill (H2259)
Wherever..the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction."......St.George Tucker, military officer, attorney, federal judge,1787

edmorseiii

Just noticed I never officially said hi in this thread.

Hi.