News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

UN Small Arms TREATY "RED ALERT"

Started by infowarrior, July 20, 2012, 01:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

infowarrior

If Guns kill people, pencils misspell words, cars cause DUI's, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

Green Bean

infowarrior

No Problem! Keep vigilant & spread the word!
If Guns kill people, pencils misspell words, cars cause DUI's, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

Two Wolves

I hope you will find some peace and comfort in this ~ Two Wolves

Dear Friend:
     Thank you for contacting me regarding the United Nations Small Arms Treaty.  I agree strongly with your view, and welcome your thoughts and comments.

I support Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) in his efforts to prevent any taxpayer funds from being expended in support of negotiation of this United Nations treaty.  This year, I again joined many of my Senate colleagues in a letter to the President that expresses our strong opposition to the U.S. even being a  party to negotiations about this treaty.

As you may know, the U.S. Constitution requires that foreign treaties must be ratified by a two-thirds vote of the U.S. Senate.  My term in the Senate is over at the end of December, but it is difficult to foresee the necessary two-thirds support in the Senate for the U.N. Small Arms Treaty, even if the Obama Administration or a new president elects to present the treaty for ratification.

I appreciate hearing from you, and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me on any issue that is important to you.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."