News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming RBC (Aug 26th-Sept3) @ Ramseur

Started by Sadman, July 18, 2012, 01:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadman

Anybody else planning on attending the RBC in Ramseur that is coming up in August?  I'm about 5 shades of excited about this event and I just hit the enter key to sign up.

Cheers,

Sadman

adamsod

signed up yesterday, should be a great week.
Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free

Green Bean

I will be there. Coming from South Texas. Reserved space in a squad hut.

I am picking up a new M1A today to tak.  How much ammo will I need?

adamsod

Lets see... new M1A, a week at Ramseur (in a hut even), 1200-1500 rounds (figure 1 per mile from south Tx)... sounds like a good time to me.
Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free

Green Bean

Maybe I should bring my .22 rifle also. I am not sure if I can take 60lbs of ammo on the plane.  @&)

Good times either way.  :---

Quote from: adamsod on July 18, 2012, 05:51:20 PM
Lets see... new M1A, a week at Ramseur (in a hut even), 1200-1500 rounds (figure 1 per mile from south Tx)... sounds like a good time to me.

Sadman

Quote from: Green Bean on July 18, 2012, 03:00:29 PM

Check out this info on what to bring: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/bc_whattobring.html

You may want to consider bringing a .22 LR for the shorter distance stuff.

Green Bean

Quote from: Sadman on July 19, 2012, 08:41:59 AM
Quote from: Green Bean on July 18, 2012, 03:00:29 PM

Check out this info on what to bring: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/bc_whattobring.html

You may want to consider bringing a .22 LR for the shorter distance stuff.

I just weighed some ammo and 200 rounds of 308 is about 10lbs. I need to check but I think the weight limit for bags are 50lbs.  To save on overweight baggage I will have to forget about trying to bring clothes or hygiene equipment. I might be a little stinky by the end of the week.

Sadman

I live relatively close to the range (about 2 hours).  If you want me to bring some extra supplies just let me know.  I'll try my best to help ya out.  Send me a PM with what you need and we can coordinate.

Cheers,

Sadman

Green Bean

Thank you for the offer. I will be in contact with you in a couple of weeks.  I might have to ship a box of stuff to you a week before the RBC.  I need to do some research on cost per bag on the plane compared to UPS cost to ship a box.

I picked up my Springfield M1A yesterday and UPS delivered my order of 308 ammo from Wideners.  I spent almost two hours last night watching the old US Army M1 training videos online.  I am looking forward to take what I learned shooting 25yrds AQTs and use that to shoot KD with the M1A.

I need to start walking a couple of hours every night and doing more dryfiring to get my body ready to work. 

Sadman

Aye, and whatever else you do just don't forget the ibuprofen!!!

:)

dreamerofdreams

Would love to, but I can't take time off work.  But we are hoping to come up for an Appleseed with you all before The Husband deploys this fall.
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

The Beard

im in the same boat. i was able to attend last years august rbc but i wont be able to do the entire week this year. hopefully i'll be able to get 2 or 3 days in work permitting. RBC's are an experience of a lifetime, filled with lots of history and shooting. Last year it took Lawrence 2 days to finish the first strike!
A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. John Adams July 17, 1775