News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lack of NC shoots this year

Started by kickem, August 10, 2012, 08:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickem

There seems to be a lack of AS shoots this year - especially when it comes to eastern NC.  When I first "found" AS in 2010-11, there were several shoots in Wilmington, Fayetteville and several in Kitty Hawk and I was able to attend one in Wilmington.  This year, however, I haven't seen any outside of Ramseur.  Admittedly, I don't look daily or even weekly, but I look here every month or so to see if anything has been added, and have only seen Ramseur.   Certainly there is somewhere between RMSR and the outerbanks willing and able to host a shoot.

I wish I owned a range.  Ya'll would be in Rocky Mount monthly.  I would think the market would be huge - Rocky Mt, Greenville, Tarboro, Roanoke Rapids, and points East.

BeSwift

When I started "Appleseeding" I had to go to other states, as there were none in MD ???. I decided to do something about it. If you believe that what we're doing is worthwhile, dive in, take the bull by the horns, and make shoots in your neighborhood a reality. It's not a hard as you think, and there's folks that will help guide you on how to do it...
BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Pitmaster

I agree with BeeSwift. Find a local club (preferably one you are an active member of), read the Appleseed requirements, and make it work. Sometimes just getting a foot in the door is all the start you need. I brought an instructor to talk to our board and went from there. We are having 2 this year and at least 2, possibly 3 next year. If no club is available look at public or private ranges or someone who may be willing to host one on their land. Almost all obstacles can be overcome. Its nice to have space to host 25 people but if there is only room to host 15 go ahead. Keep feeding and it will grow.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Chainsaw

Contact Iron Pony and ask him what you can do to help!
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo