News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Red Hat in Iowa

Started by loves2hunt59, July 15, 2012, 10:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loves2hunt59

Everyone please extend congratulations to Miller for becoming Iowa's newest Instructor.   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Also be on the lookout for new avatar:  smiling puppy with slightly used Orange cap >:D **) >:D
Good work Ben!!!!

Miller

Dang.....
And on the same line where I first proned out and barely scared my first Red Coat too.
Kinda appropriate.

Geez....
I still need to do DFTFH posts from Lodi, and my last PC too....
Better get busy.
Fearful but resolute.

Miller

So it seems only proper to thank a few folks...
Alex and Vic who got me started a year ago there in Montrose.
Whisker and Cooper who, a few months later, got me close to that magical 210 and started me thinking about taking a hat.
Yankee Dutch, Bryce, Mark, and TwinEagles who were there at Winterset (along with ALex, Vic, and Whisker) when I broke through and got a patch and an orange hat.
Don & Karen, Rodge, and Necede who were there to help me along in Shenandoah when I went through PC1
Patriot Gal, BuzzG, Old Bolts, and ΙΧΘΥΣ who helped me pass PC2 under Cooper's argus eyes in Dubuque.

Also, thanks to all the folks from Lodi as well.  I was there as a shooter but had a prime opportunity to sit and watch, and learn from some solid 'seeders.

And most importantly....
Thanks to all the shooters.
Those that I proned out alongside and those that came out to listen to me ramble on about minutes of angle and marching regulars and watched me sprawl in the mud to demonstrate stage 2 and the seated position.  I've driven all over this great state, taken a little wander across the border, been baked, steamed, frozen, drowned, and sand blasted and those have been some of the most pleasant weekends of my life to date.

Thank you all.

Fearful but resolute.

BuzzG

Congratulations on the new pay grade Ben! Hope to see you on the trail again soon.

Buzz

Miller

Count on it Buzz.
My Lodi trip really reinforced the idea that working outside of cadre is an immensely valuable opportunity.

I'm scheduled for the September and October shoots in Montrose.
And am looking to be in Dubuque in October as well.
Shenandoah in November is calling to me if only to visit Don and Karen again.
But....
I will be headed North.
And if you and Alex need a hand in Souix Falls....  well.... I've been there once or twice. ;)
Fearful but resolute.

dragonfly

Congratulations Miller. Well done my friend  O0 O0 O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Yankeedutch

Way to go Miller!!

See ya around.

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

colycat

Great job and congratulations.  ^:)^

you are so right about working shoots with different instructors for other areas.  We will be getting another shoot in the La Crosse area in Oct, hope to see you there
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

GoldFish

Well done, Fluffy the Toad Whisperer, Poker of Goldfish, and Guardian of the Eggshells.  This promotion was earned and deserved... *Poke* :cool2:

Come to Ohio anytime; we have some great people out here who would love to meet and work with you too.

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Ratchett

YAY 'Fluffy' knew it was just a matter of time! Come on out and visit the Buckeye state anytime, will be great to work the line with you! Oh did I hear you say you wanted to get started on SBIT---no pressure or anything ;D
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

GEmanuel

Congratulations Miller and welcome to the corps. Huzzah
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Edheler

gonejohnny

Kosciusko

outstanding!

looking forward to working with you.

k

also:
Quote from: colycat on July 16, 2012, 10:01:08 AM
Great job and congratulations.  ^:)^

you are so right about working shoots with different instructors for other areas.  We will be getting another shoot in the La Crosse area in Oct, hope to see you there

Holmen, WI, about 12 miles upriver from La Crosse

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29538.0%3C/td%3E%3Ctd%3E

also another shoot in Chaseburg (next door to La Crosse) yet this year.  details still being worked out on that one

IBC in Rochester

shoots in both Winona and Rochester coming up

k

Miller

Thanks everyone.

Okay, so.....
Trips North, North East, and East...
And need to drag the M-1 somewhere and qual full distance...

As for SBIT....
:deep breath:
Let me catch my breath first but, yeah, I'll probably take a swing at that too.
Would prefer the "old" green hat though.
Fearful but resolute.

loves2hunt59

Oh yes, I definitely see SBIT in your (immediate) future.  >:D  >:D  >:D ^-^

R1SGx2

Miller,

Thank you for all you do,

now get out there and get some dirt on that hat.

Think Library Seeds....
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

George Hacker

Congratulations, Miller! ..:..  You are a quick study.  I hope our paths cross on the Appleseed Trail at some point in the not too distant future.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Kosciusko

Quote from: Miller on July 16, 2012, 09:22:13 PM
Thanks everyone.

Okay, so.....
Trips North, North East, and East...

As for SBIT....

everybody  dig thru your shootboxes and see if we can round one up.   

since that's your only objection......      ::)

GoldFish

New Philly and Gibsonburg, Ohio. ::)

%) #) ;D

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

AFTERMATH

Congratulations!

I'll tell the folks in SoMN to let there guard down so you can slip in from time to time. O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Miller

Fearful but resolute.

Sisu!

Great work! Congrats!  Thank you for your passion and commitment for the program.

Patriot Gal

Congratulation, you ol' dog, you!!!!

Well done, well done!!!  O0

I agree with loves2hunt.  Enjoy your red hat for a while.....a little while.   :cool2: 

Consider that a vacation then get to work!!!  Your green hat awaits!!!    ~~:)

Patriot Gal

(I'm guessin' someone already has your green had in their shoot box!!)
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Twineagles

Good job Congrats your passion for Appleseed is inspirational.

Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Cooper

As for SBIT....

Since it appears that the "Real Green Hat" shortage is about to be resolved, I can admit my little secret without being waylaid on the AS Trail:  I've been saving one for you.

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Barbie

Congratulations on the red hat  O0
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Reddot

Miller

And this weekend in Ames I'll get to knock the shine off that new red boonie.
Fearful but resolute.